• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a word on the NHS crisis at the moment. It's got naff all to do with the EU.
A constantly growing demand
And a constantly shrinking service
Then add the governments plans to privatise.
The results are people waiting on an ambulance trolley for 2 hours queuing just to get into an A&E trolley where they will be for another 4 or 5 hours......nowt to do with in or out.

I'll give you a clue, nobody voted out because of a red bus with a slogan on it.

Oh yes they did. My sister in law for one, who regretted her vote the morning after when Farage told the nation that he was lying thorough his nicotine stained public schoolboy teeth.

Just a word on the NHS crisis at the moment. It's got naff all to do with the EU.
And a constantly shrinking service
Then add the governments plans to privatise.
The results are people waiting on an ambulance trolley for 2 hours queuing just to get into an A&E trolley where they will be for another 4 or 5 hours......nowt to do with in or out.

So nothing whatsoever to do with insufficient funding then? Yeah, I know, I said I was swerving this forum, but I have to ask.

So nothing whatsoever to do with insufficient funding then? Yeah, I know, I said I was swerving this forum, but I have to ask.

Massively underfunded of course, but that's a classic tactic for privatisation.....defund is probably the word.
Look at the way that they have taken away student nurse bursary....you now have to pay for the privilege of becoming a nurse. This will lead to an even bigger short fall in staff numbers which will be factored in when the big move comes from the tories.......health insurance

Massively underfunded of course, but that's a classic tactic for privatisation.....defund is probably the word.
Look at the way that they have taken away student nurse bursary....you now have to pay for the privilege of becoming a nurse. This will lead to an even bigger short fall in staff numbers which will be factored in when the big move comes from the tories.......health insurance

I might as well go the whole hog............would some of the payments we make to the EU help ease some of the operating pressures?

I worked in central government for many years by the way and was on the receiving end of market testing and PFI and all of the other joys that successive governments chose to inflict. My daughter works for the NHS as a psychologist counsellor as does her partner as an anaesthetic nurse. So family meals keep me up to speed with the pain in my retirement years.

I might as well go the whole hog............would some of the payments we make to the EU help ease some of the operating pressures?

I worked in central government for many years by the way and was on the receiving end of market testing and PFI and all of the other joys that successive governments chose to inflict. My daughter works for the NHS as a psychologist counsellor as does her partner as an anaesthetic nurse. So family meals keep me up to speed with the pain in my retirement years.

I'm part of the nursing team in Southend A&E. 350m was the figure being thrown around I believe.....not sure it would make a massive difference. The stark reality is that we as a species are living twenty years longer than we used to thanks to the wonders of modern medicine....the knock on effect is that increases the demand on the services massively. Tonight I will be inundated with elderly people who simply can not cope with being alive anymore....dare I say fact.

I'm part of the nursing team in Southend A&E. 350m was the figure being thrown around I believe.....not sure it would make a massive difference. The stark reality is that we as a species are living twenty years longer than we used to thanks to the wonders of modern medicine....the knock on effect is that increases the demand on the services massively. Tonight I will be inundated with elderly people who simply can not cope with being alive anymore....dare I say fact.

Massively off topic, but I spent a very pleasant 90 minutes in A&E last month having decided that either there was a stroke or angina attack heaving into view. I got booked in, triaged, ECG'd, chest x-rayed, did the stroke dance for the doctor and then got booted out home. You(maybe) and yours were magnificent and I couldn't have been treated quicker or better. My sincere thanks to all at A&E, a great bunch.:thumbsup:

Massively off topic, but I spent a very pleasant 90 minutes in A&E last month having decided that either there was a stroke or angina attack heaving into view. I got booked in, triaged, ECG'd, chest x-rayed, did the stroke dance for the doctor and then got booted out home. You(maybe) and yours were magnificent and I couldn't have been treated quicker or better. My sincere thanks to all at A&E, a great bunch.:thumbsup:

Pleased to hear that firstly you are ok, secondly the service can and does still deliver good care....despite all the issues we have discussed.

Oh yes they did. My sister in law for one, who regretted her vote the morning after when Farage told the nation that he was lying thorough his nicotine stained public schoolboy teeth.

Then with all due respect. If that's why she voted for Brexit then................well, I'll say no more.

Perhaps the Remoaners should have been more vocal in espousing the perceived benefits of staying in and then we might not be having this argument. As it is we are. Both sides fibbed but one fibbed better than the other. It's called politics. It happens at every general election by every party on the ballot and if some of the population couldn't see through that then I fear it says more about the general population of the country than it does about our lying politicians.

Corbyn says you shouldn't judge someone because of their public school background.

There is a real LEGEND called Pete Allen who has worked and virtually run A&E for 30+ years. If he is on duty then everything is twice as good down there. He sets the example and the rest of his (happy) team do likewise. Bloke needs putting forward for a gong, OBE, MBE whatever, he is a proper working walking health care unit!

There is a real LEGEND called Pete Allen who has worked and virtually run A&E for 30+ years. If he is on duty then everything is twice as good down there. He sets the example and the rest of his (happy) team do likewise. Bloke needs putting forward for a gong, OBE, MBE whatever, he is a proper working walking health care unit!

I count myself lucky to work with people like Peter Allen. Learnt so much from him...and others of course.

If the "constantly growing demand" on the NHS has got "naff all to do with the EU" then what are the contributory factors?

If the "constantly growing demand" on the NHS has got "naff all to do with the EU" then what are the contributory factors?

Agency staff are costing around 5 billion and rising.
Far too many managers whose salaries are very nice indeed.
Jobs for the boys/girls,not what you know it's who you know.

The CEO of Stafford trust quit her role only to sidestep into another made up role within the same trust and the same salary of over 200k per year.

Back