• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Maidstone v Macclesfield

Went to this game on Saturday with one of my staff. Nice stadium, good clubhouse, decent support. Three ex-shrimpers in the squads:

Macclesfield: Jack Sampson - well he's found his level. Won every header, got stuck in, but rubbish on the ground, can't control the ball - too hesitant in front of goal. 6/10

Maidstone: Jamar Loza - well he's a cult hero already- on his debut scored against a Sutton team including Nicky Bailey! and sub Bedsente Gomis!?- on this showing, he hasn't changed - hides a lot, doesnt run much, awful first touch for the majority of the game, and some decisions were baffling. But he still made two assists for Maidstones 2 goals. The first was a simple beat the man and cross across the goal. The second, a last minute wonder assist - he flicked the ball behind him and turned, beating his man for pace before putting in the most delightful cross to the far post to veteran strike Odubade to score - anyone could have scored from there. 8/10

Oh and Jack Paxman came on as a sub - he was alright, gets the ball too much under his feet to make a difference and passes sideways a lot.

Overall, a dull game until about an hour in. (Macclesfield's bald midfielder was good though, apart from the missed penalty) and Macclesfield should have been 3 up at half time except their keeper, Lee Worgan was amazing in goal. Then Jay Saunders the Stones boss, started riling up the players, the fans responded and the last 30 was real blood and thunder stuff.

Oh the final score, 2-1 to the Stones.

Maidstone v Macclesfield

Went to this game on Saturday with one of my staff. Nice stadium, good clubhouse, decent support. Three ex-shrimpers in the squads:

Macclesfield: Jack Sampson - well he's found his level. Won every header, got stuck in, but rubbish on the ground, can't control the ball - too hesitant in front of goal. 6/10

Maidstone: Jamar Loza - well he's a cult hero already- on his debut scored against a Sutton team including Nicky Bailey! and sub Bedsente Gomis!?- on this showing, he hasn't changed - hides a lot, doesnt run much, awful first touch for the majority of the game, and some decisions were baffling. But he still made two assists for Maidstones 2 goals. The first was a simple beat the man and cross across the goal. The second, a last minute wonder assist - he flicked the ball behind him and turned, beating his man for pace before putting in the most delightful cross to the far post to veteran strike Odubade to score - anyone could have scored from there. 8/10

Oh and Jack Paxman came on as a sub - he was alright, gets the ball too much under his feet to make a difference and passes sideways a lot.

Overall, a dull game until about an hour in. (Macclesfield's bald midfielder was good though, apart from the missed penalty) and Macclesfield should have been 3 up at half time except their keeper, Lee Worgan was amazing in goal. Then Jay Saunders the Stones boss, started riling up the players, the fans responded and the last 30 was real blood and thunder stuff.

Oh the final score, 2-1 to the Stones.

A little known fact about Maidstone: It's an anagram of I am stoned.

Bit of a closet Macc fan myself, due to them being the home town club of my Man U supporting future son-in-law, who comes to Roots Hall with me on occasion and gets right involved (as a temporary Blues fan), so I feel I owe it to him. To follow Macc that is, not the other lot obviously..

Back