• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If my possible scenario (as opposed to a prediction) happens things are far from pear-shaped; we've won the group. Try to keep up :winking:

No I'm to speed Mick!!, i'm guessing our defensive minded manager will play it out for a 0-0 draw & pick up the point, without risking any players against Bury. Unless of course the curse strikes us, and we end up 2nd in group and have to play a winner from another top group.

In the first "meaningless game" V Brighton, Thommo and Anton both had good games AND from there have gone from strength to strength.
Try Williams with Fortune etc.
I hope PB sees this as an opportunity for some other players to also step up to the mark and challenge for starting (or bench) league places. In particular Mr Bridge, Timlin, Sokolik, McGlashen, White.
I have NO knowledge of a problem between Phil B and Adam B; if anyone has then please either share or be 100% confidential as "I know a secret you don't" stuff is fairly passe.

I agree with playing Williams.

Mooney is out for a few weeks, so if he is on the bench every game, he might as well get some game time on Tuesday.

I agree with playing Williams.

Mooney is out for a few weeks, so if he is on the bench every game, he might as well get some game time on Tuesday.

Yep

Give him the full 90,he cannot do any worse than the current forwards.

Pair him with Fortune and play Cox behind...Cox has vision so will spot JW's runs.

Possibly because every striker at the club cannot score for toffee and he is contracted...somebody decided to give JW another contract,why not play him in a totally meaningless fixture?
because in a series of other non events he hasn't exactly torn it up.....?.

Young raw player who has had just over 100 minutes of first team football playing in a defence minded team.

What did you expect him to do?
how many chances has he had in other games ? Behind closed doors and reserve type... ? When he's come on he hasn't impressed many that's why he doesn't play....just because he is raw and young doesn't mean he will make the grade...

how many chances has he had in other games ? Behind closed doors and reserve type... ? When he's come on he hasn't impressed many that's why he doesn't play....just because he is raw and young doesn't mean he will make the grade...

Never said he would make the grade,he was awarded another deal,I presume those in power liked what they saw hence the new contract,This game is ideal for him as Phil could rest players ,if he doesn't play then pointless giving him a deal.

Never said he would make the grade,he was awarded another deal,I presume those in power liked what they saw hence the new contract,This game is ideal for him as Phil could rest players ,if he doesn't play then pointless giving him a deal.
Two separate issues ... is he better than what we have ... most think no... did he warrant another deal... probably not ...

He was given another contract ,whether or not hedeserved it is another question. But seeing how he was given it ,then he deserves some decent game time to try and impress those that awarded him the contract in the first place ,and what better opportunity to give him the chance than in this game.C/mon PB let the young lad have a chance pair him with Fortune or Cox and allow him 90 minutes .Also young Jack Bridge give him the minutes too along with kypainou .sorry about the spelling

Are we allowed 5 or 6 changes for this? I'd say lets play Williams up front with Bridge behind and Smith in goal then 2 or 3 remaining changes according to who needs a rest. Coker would be one for me too.
Are we allowed an extra one with Innis injured?

What dont understand this question about the guy carrying to much weight, now i dont no if this is true or not, but if it is, this has been going on for a long time now. Most coaches in this timescale would surely have shown him the door by now.

Back