• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Those banging on about the only trophy we can win, do you not feel it's been abused by allowing the U21s of Prem & Championship clubs into the competition. If it's allegedly about blooding young English talent, then ask yourself why a lot of U21s are full of non-English players?

When I saw the pair of them, just last week, they had a nice little table for 2 and were happily chatting in a public area of a well known local haunt.

I was about to ask whether anyone is able to back up the constant drip of innuendo that PB and AB have seriously fallen out with any form of evidence.

Rigsby's post is the first bit of positive evidence to suggest that if there was a fallout, then it was temporary and manageable. That would be great news as I suspect that there would be just about unprecedented consensus on here that AB's Southend career deserves a better ending.

In my view, there is nothing wrong with temporary fallouts within a team - can lead to a positive reboot and renewed energy/motivation. If rumours of my temporary fallings-out with my other half were posted on here (in the brief period before she realises that I was right all along, you understand) then I suspect I would be challenging the MrsBlueIronShimper thread domination.

So, does anyone have anything substantive to share that suggests that the fallout is actually something more serious - beyond "I have heard from a friend of a friend of a bloke who bla bla...".

"...a well known local haunt..."? I am almost too afraid to ask, Mr Rigsby. Is it local to Southend or Siberia?

Who cares????
IT IS A POINTLESS, USELESS, EMBARRASSINGLY AWFUL TOURNAMENT.
I could not care less if we are drawn home, away or on Mars. IT DOES NOT MATTER!

I do Kevin. I want the team to do well in this and I want to have another day out at Wembley if possible. You don't have to come by the way.

Yes, I'm hoping for this too!!!

pi7rnpkdT.jpg

You're looking stressed today OBL

I must admit to being a traitor and going to the home Checkatrade games. It gave me my first sight of Harry Kyprianou and Anton Ferdinand. I liked what I saw and it also nailed the myth that the team were not together. Actually really enjoyed the games.
I'm guilty as charged.

I must admit to being a traitor and going to the home Checkatrade games. It gave me my first sight of Harry Kyprianou and Anton Ferdinand. I liked what I saw and it also nailed the myth that the team were not together. Actually really enjoyed the games.
I'm guilty as charged.

Me too. Even the Brighton one showed that there was quite a gulf between these Academy players and our 1st team so it may have proved useful to those clubs from that respect. I don't think many of them have done well.

As a one off experiment I think it's been a bit of a failure but that doesn't mean it's been wrong to try it in my opinion.

Me too. Even the Brighton one showed that there was quite a gulf between these Academy players and our 1st team so it may have proved useful to those clubs from that respect. I don't think many of them have done well.

As a one off experiment I think it's been a bit of a failure but that doesn't mean it's been wrong to try it in my opinion.

Very true, and looking at the tables I would be surprised if more than 5 or 6 Under 23 teams make it to the last 32 after tonight.

Its your choice to boycott but remember this is the cup that financed both promotions under Tilly and the last one under PB. Who knows it may well be the reason we haven't ended up doing a 'Stockport'

Good to see you acknowledge that PB's promotion was financed by the previous regime. Certainly our form in the FA Cup and League Cup the last three years isn't going to finance anything!

...Apart from the fact that we got through to the FA Cup 4th Round under PB and played a Premier League side at home!

...Apart from the fact that we got through to the FA Cup 4th Round under PB and played a Premier League side at home!

That was four campaigns ago! This season and the last two seasons we've been knocked out of both at the first attempt.

Gillingham and Millwall this season
Brighton and Scunthorpe last season
Walsall and non-league Chester the season before that

OK, fair point. We got knocked out in 2014 by Hull City and It's only 2016, so within 3 years.

Also, the general point was about PB not helping to finance anything, which seems harsh as that cup run must have helped contribute to the promotion the following season.

Here's a good reason why it's an absolute shambles of a competition.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/nov/08/efl-trophy-football-league-failure

I don't think anyone can disagree with the content, however, some will go and support their team no matter what and I don't agree with anyone calling supporters out for doing that.

It was an experiment to try and save a dying competition. As I said earlier, it hasn't worked. However, elements of it have, and I think the group stage is an interesting idea should the competition continue.

I was about to ask whether anyone is able to back up the constant drip of innuendo that PB and AB have seriously fallen out with any form of evidence.

Rigsby's post is the first bit of positive evidence to suggest that if there was a fallout, then it was temporary and manageable. That would be great news as I suspect that there would be just about unprecedented consensus on here that AB's Southend career deserves a better ending.

In my view, there is nothing wrong with temporary fallouts within a team - can lead to a positive reboot and renewed energy/motivation. If rumours of my temporary fallings-out with my other half were posted on here (in the brief period before she realises that I was right all along, you understand) then I suspect I would be challenging the MrsBlueIronShimper thread domination.

So, does anyone have anything substantive to share that suggests that the fallout is actually something more serious - beyond "I have heard from a friend of a friend of a bloke who bla bla...".

"...a well known local haunt..."? I am almost too afraid to ask, Mr Rigsby. Is it local to Southend or Siberia?

In fairness to,Riggers,if he saw Phil and Adam exchanging blows witnessed by 50,000 people,Riggers would say they were only messing about.

Good to see you acknowledge that PB's promotion was financed by the previous regime. Certainly our form in the FA Cup and League Cup the last three years isn't going to finance anything!

Have you forgotten about our play-off victory at Wembley, which was a nice little earner. Enough to give our L1 budget a boost.

Have you forgotten about our play-off victory at Wembley, which was a nice little earner. Enough to give our L1 budget a boost.

It goes against my every piece of being to defend the Yorkshire one.

He did state those cup runs.

Thought I heard Oxley won't play tonight anyway due to a back injury?

Thanks I have only just heard.

Ted would have played against Orient but we have to field 6 players and unfortunately if you switch keepers that's one less outfield player to be rested. We just looked like we were through the injury spell with that convincing win at MK Dons and now we will be hoping to get through tonight without any more on the list. The last 12 months we seem to have had more than our fair share of long term injuries.

In fairness to,Riggers,if he saw Phil and Adam exchanging blows witnessed by 50,000 people,Riggers would say they were only messing about.

It would be incontrovertible evidence that they were still engaging with each other.

Back