• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out of the League?

• Hope they get relegated and go out of business

Votes: 18 9.0%
  • Hope they languish for years in non-league

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • Hope they survive and stay in League Two

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Hope they come back and join us in League One as rivals

Votes: 65 32.3%

• Total voters
'Interesting' to see our local 'rivals' Orient and Col U floundering at the foot of the League 2 table with the trapdoor of relegation from the Football League a potential reality.

Wondered how we felt about that?

For me, I only "hate" them on the day then get on with my life. I certainly don't need to see them put out into the footballing wilderness, even if it would give us local bragging rights for a long time to come. In many ways, despite the extra fingers, intra-family over-affection and a life lived in our shadow, their footballing allegiance is much like our own.

Do you want to see them go out of the League (and worse?)

What a cruel, but highly necessary, thread! :smile::smile:

I'd be happy to have them back in FL1 with us. Not a lot of use having bragging rights if we haven't been able to administer some severe wallopings in the process. Also, it would be nice if they made FL1 and we waved them goodbye as we rocketed up to the Championship.

I wouldn't like to see either of them go out of business. It was very nearly us years ago and could still be.

Know many O's fans and count some as good mates - real shame what's happening there. Mind you, they won well today with Southend's new January signing on the score sheet:winking:
Give me a game with Orient or Col U any day over Stevenage or Morecambe.

Non league please. Both of the ****ers. And I long for the day when Wet ****ing Spam join them.

No particular ill feeling towards Orient, if anything I feel a little sorry for them at the moment in spite of myself.

As for our county neighbours, I remember how they behaved when we were struggling and few things are currently entertaining me more richly than seeing them get their due. I'd be content to see them rot in non-league rather than fold altogether, though the latter occurrence wouldn't exactly cause me great trauma. Their board makes for quality reading at present. Oh, the wails of frustrated entitlement! And not one of the gobshites who couldn't let a single mention of them pass on here without their tuppence-worth with a damn thing to say for themselves when things aren't going their way. Who'd have seen that coming? Or to save time, who wouldn't? :hilarious:

Perhaps it is sacrilegious to say this out loud, but since I left my teen years way behind, I have never really felt the need to wish bad things on local rivals, beyond a heavy defeat when they play us. I'd far rather have the atmosphere and passion generated by a local derby. I believe a passionate Shrimper will have more in common with a passionate ColU or Orient or Gills fan than he will have with many who follow a top premiership team (especially those who only follow via the TV). Obviously that is an overly simplistic generalisation, but I believe the gist to be correct.

There, I've said it out loud. I am a bit scared now.

Small confession. In the course of writing the above, I've just realised that actually I do still hate "dirty Leeds", based on perceived grudges held since the 1970s! Never a rival to us, so that made little sense then and absolutely no sense now, but there you go.

Perhaps it is sacrilegious to say this out loud, but since I left my teen years way behind, I have never really felt the need to wish bad things on local rivals, beyond a heavy defeat when they play us. I'd far rather have the atmosphere and passion generated by a local derby. I believe a passionate Shrimper will have more in common with a passionate ColU or Orient or Gills fan than he will have with many who follow a top premiership team (especially those who only follow via the TV). Obviously that is an overly simplistic generalisation, but I believe the gist to be correct.

There, I've said it out loud. I am a bit scared now.

Small confession. In the course of writing the above, I've just realised that actually I do still hate "dirty Leeds", based on perceived grudges held since the 1970s! Never a rival to us, so that made little sense then and absolutely no sense now, but there you go.

Bang on, and I haven't even got six fingers.

Orient fans mouthed off to us after they lost the play off final in 2014, after an takeover by a Italian millionaire, they send messages of "We are on the up and the gap is getting wider between us and you, You will never play us again, Enjoy your tinpot league 2!" Karma hit them & I am enjoying their struggles :hilarious: same for Col Ewes fans too, laughed at us when we got relegated in 2010 and hoped we go to conference in 2011, luckily Sturrock rebuild us and sent us on the way up.

Other than match days I don't hate any of our close rivals. Even have a sneaky affection for Daggers. Of course I want us to be above all of them, but without local rivals you miss so much of the fun and intensity of being a football fan.

Like most I like to see them struggle especially Col Ewe but worth remembering that when we were in the brown sticky stuff Col Ewe did give us Vernon, White & Baldwin... actually sod them - good luck against Boreham Wood.

Trick question to answer as it is partly dependent on what team replaces them; rather them than another Fleetwood/Morcombe type club.
I don't see either as local rivals as the distance is too far, would any youngster locally when picking his team decide between these teams and us? I think not.
I would not be sorry to see O's fall further as they have been very poorly run & then maybe the fans can get their club back and behaving properly.
Similarly Col Ewe have been bank rolled by their benefactor and a generous council; in essence given illicit steroid funding so a couple of years in the Conference might balance them too.
Out of business? Nah.

I find it a bit sad, I like the rivalry and if they're too far away from us in leagues we don't get to enjoy the passion that the Essex derby gives. Plus, they have been very good to us, both with the Trust sponsored walk there a few years back and in allowing us to have a competition to be mascots there last season. They have some decent supporters too, remember Tom Leggett?

I wouldn't want them to go bust. That's too quick for them. I'd love to see them languish for years in non-league obscurity though.

I wouldn't want them to go bust. That's too quick for them. I'd love to see them languish for years in non-league obscurity though.

My exact thoughts also, I would be more than happy to see them in the non -league, and ideally have the opportunity to get to knock them out of every cup competition each year! :thumbsup:

Orient fans mouthed off to us after they lost the play off final in 2014, after an takeover by a Italian millionaire, they send messages of "We are on the up and the gap is getting wider between us and you, You will never play us again, Enjoy your tinpot league 2!" Karma hit them & I am enjoying their struggles :hilarious: same for Col Ewes fans too, laughed at us when we got relegated in 2010 and hoped we go to conference in 2011, luckily Sturrock rebuild us and sent us on the way up.

That would be a few Orient fans, a few Col U fans, IMO, rather than their entire support. There are a few SUFC fans who don't always show this club in a good light either!

Back