• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Today it has been announced that Steve Smith has brought the majority share at Bishops Stortford FC. Steve was Kev Maher's assistant at Chelmsford and they are very close. I would be surprised if we don't see a couple of players go on loan there. I also heard a rumour a few months back that when Steve did buy a club he was looking to make Kev his manager.

Today it has been announced that Steve Smith has brought the majority share at Bishops Stortford FC. Steve was Kev Maher's assistant at Chelmsford and they are very close. I would be surprised if we don't see a couple of players go on loan there. I also heard a rumour a few months back that when Steve did buy a club he was looking to make Kev his manager.
i would be very surprised if Kevin maher went that low down the football league ladder to manage that lot, poor standard of football for Kevin.

i would be very surprised if Kevin maher went that low down the football league ladder to manage that lot, poor standard of football for Kevin.

Same league as Chelmsford and he wanted that job

Didn't realiseStevee had made himself and Mark Hawkes joint managers so probably not on the cards

Same league as Chelmsford and he wanted that job
correct but it will be a massive achievement for them just to stay in that league this season, needs a big wage budget pumped into the club to stop them getting relegated, can't see Kevin being interested as he is on a good thing with us at the moment.

correct but it will be a massive achievement for them just to stay in that league this season, needs a big wage budget pumped into the club to stop them getting relegated, can't see Kevin being interested as he is on a good thing with us at the moment.

They are up against it but Steve will invest I'm sure. He's not short of a few quid!

Anyway I hadn't realised him and Hawkesy were already joint managers so I'm guessing what I heard about Maher is probably not happening. I still think we'll see players go there in the new year though, I know Hawkesy loves Jason Williams

They are up against it but Steve will invest I'm sure. He's not short of a few quid!

Anyway I hadn't realised him and Hawkesy were already joint managers so I'm guessing what I heard about Maher is probably not happening. I still think we'll see players go there in the new year though, I know Hawkesy loves Jason Williams

Williams will probably go to Stortford and score for fun then be recalled to sit on the bench,just saying.

Williams will probably go to Stortford and score for fun then be recalled to sit on the bench,just saying.

Or we could put him in the side and move maybe Ranger or Cox to the bench , just saying *

( * pointing out what another ridiculously aimless and repetitive post that was ! ) **

( ** whilst adding that we are of course all entitled to our opinions )

Who is Steve Smith as I haven't heard of him - should I have heard of him?

I see that Bishops Stortford already have 3 ex Blues on their books being Ryan Auger, Johnny Herd and Anthony Furlonge.

I see that Bishops Stortford already have 3 ex Blues on their books being Ryan Auger, Johnny Herd and Anthony Furlonge.

Probably not, rich football loving guy from Chelmsford. Used to manage Galleywood then was Mark Hawkes assistant at Heybridge and Chelmsford. He stayed on as assistant when Hawkes was replaced by Maher and I know Kev and him are good friends. He has no links with Southend other than that and isn't high profile, I'd be surprised if many on here would have heard of him, you aren't alone.

A bit about him here. If you don't follow lower non league much then there is no reason why you should have heard of him. No doubt Ricky Otto can give you more detail.

http://www.bsfc.co.uk/blues-announce-new-management-duo/

Do you think Matsasuka and Belford would benefit from a loan at this stage of their career at this level?

Do you think Matsasuka and Belford would benefit from a loan at this stage of their career at this level?

I think meaningful game time would benefit most players. But to be honest I've seen very little of the 2 you have mentioned, I've actually not seen Bedford at all. I'm sure Maher will be able to make that assessment.

.....whoever they are?

Matsuzaka has already been on loan (at Harlow) and was recalled at the same time as Jason Williams was recalled.

Both did okay (or better) at their loan clubs but neither looked significantly improved on their return.

As for Bedford, I'm afraid I don't know much about him.

I don't think it would hurt Bedford's development if he had a period on loan in the National League South.

Another player who needs to go out on loan to gain more experience is Ted Smith, his career seems to be going nowhere at the moment.

I don't think it would hurt Bedford's development if he had a period on loan in the National League South.

Another player who needs to go out on loan to gain more experience is Ted Smith, his career seems to be going nowhere at the moment.

The issue I see with Ted Smith going out on loan is who do we then have on the bench as cover?

Widening the discussion a little, I wonder if players such as Barrett and Mooney might go out on loan - clubs such as Daggers, Col U, Cambridge and Leyton might be interested.

The issue I see with Ted Smith going out on loan is who do we then have on the bench as cover?

Widening the discussion a little, I wonder if players such as Barrett and Mooney might go out on loan - clubs such as Daggers, Col U, Cambridge and Leyton might be interested.

Now we have all heard the rumours about a fall out but PB is not that vindictive :thumbsup:

Back