• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

gpd

First XI
Not really a thread...just a comment. I was passing Boots & Laces at just before 5.00pm this evening on my way to B&Q. As I drove past the entrance I noticed in my peripheral vision a large group of guys all dressed in dark sports clothing standing right on the roadside...where there are no pedestrian facilities. I wondered if these were our guys and I thought it would be better if there were some reflective material on the clothing? Lights were out...street lamp was also out..I think. They were practically invisible to passing traffic doing 40mph. I would hate us to lose players to injuries caused by playing chicken with the traffic whilst wearing dark blue/black clothing with no hi-viz. Just saying. Please take care guys.....cars generally win those sort of competitions.:stunned:

Not really a thread...just a comment. I was passing Boots & Laces at just before 5.00pm this evening on my way to B&Q. As I drove past the entrance I noticed in my peripheral vision a large group of guys all dressed in dark sports clothing standing right on the roadside...where there are no pedestrian facilities. I wondered if these were our guys and I thought it would be better if there were some reflective material on the clothing? Lights were out...street lamp was also out..I think. They were practically invisible to passing traffic doing 40mph. I would hate us to lose players to injuries caused by playing chicken with the traffic whilst wearing dark blue/black clothing with no hi-viz. Just saying. Please take care guys.....cars generally win those sort of competitions.:stunned:

I doubt if they were Southend players. They are normally gone by 2.30pm, even the youth players.
There's lots of running clubs that run in the dark around there. I live close by, so see them all the time. You see them warming up in a group before they set off on their runs. Only explanation I can think of to be that side which is certainly dangerous, is if they parked in Waitrose.

Did you check they hadn't nicked the giant meccano set?

Were they wearing balaclavas? It may have been Nile Ranger and his crew.

Back