• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All the highlighed words above contain more than one syllable.

Your basic premise is wrong too.The Chairman is it in for the money that the eventual construction of FF would realise.

If Ron is in it purely for the money he sees coming down the line from FF, why has he bothered to set up not only a very decent academy but also a charitable educational venture aimed at the youth of Southend?

Personally I viewed Westy's post as a 'light hearted dig' at RM, I did not see it as any kind of personal attack on our chairman.

Alot worse has been written about Ron on this forum and sometimes deservedly so, me included :smile:

It's freezing outside, so let's chill out a little!

Unfortunately this is tongue in cheek

We could do much better. We could obviously do much worse.

Ron promises much and delivers little.

He is the only property developer that doesn't develop property.

Planning for nearly ten years and not a brick laid.

Please do not poke fun at our Chairman -- he is trying.

trying
ˈ
adjective
difficult or annoying; hard to endure.
"it had been a very trying day"
synonyms: stressful, difficult, taxing, demanding, tough, hard, heavy;

(just in case anyone had missed this. Given the way some have (over) reacted to what is clear parody, it is entirely possible this may have gone over the odd head or two.)

Some folks seem to have had a sense of humour bypass.....probably due to lack of football fix this weekend.

Chin up Westy..made me smile :smile:

It doesn't help the 'It's only a joke' cause when the most virulent anti club rhetoric comes from the owners of this website.

We are posters/supporters first, owners/mods second. We are entitled to our opinion and allowed to express it.

Some folks seem to have had a sense of humour bypass.....probably due to lack of football fix this weekend.

Chin up Westy..made me smile :smile:

Didn't worry me at all. Found some of the reactions comical. Gave me a laugh.

Glad some people 'got it'.

It doesn't help the 'It's only a joke' cause when the most virulent anti club rhetoric comes from the owners of this website.

Please don't confuse "anti club rhetoric" with a possibly well-deserved dig aimed at an individual.

Didn't worry me at all. Found some of the reactions comical. Gave me a laugh.

Glad some people 'got it'.

What I cannot understand,you attend every game at the Hall,yet you hate Ron ,why give him your admission money then ?

I freely admit I dont go very often,yet people like you moan and whine but still hand over your cash for tickets and other stuff.

What I cannot understand,you attend every game at the Hall,yet you hate Ron ,why give him your admission money then ?

I freely admit I dont go very often,yet people like you moan and whine but still hand over your cash for tickets and other stuff.

Because he supports Southend?! :dim:

Ron isn't Southend personified you know.

Because he supports Southend?! :dim:

Ron isn't Southend personified you know.

I support Southend but don't support the owner...catch 22 but little point having snipes on here when your gagging to give the owner more dosh for the next game.

I support Southend but don't support the owner...catch 22 but little point having snipes on here when your gagging to give the owner more dosh for the next game.

Agreed. Same here on the first point. However, this is a forum for opinions - it would be a bit pointless if none were expressed. It also seems to be pretty fair enough to comment on the glacial progress of our clubs' relocation, something many people feel is vital to putting the club on a sustainable financial footing and allowing it to achieve its' full potential.

If Ron is in it purely for the money he sees coming down the line from FF, why has he bothered to set up not only a very decent academy but also a charitable educational venture aimed at the youth of Southend?

Because that brings in revenue,as we saw last week.

(While I imagine the "charitable educational venture" you mention is tax deductable).

Everything's tax deductible at Roots Hall, Isn't it?! :winking:

I won't be inviting some of you to my next stand-up comic performance.

You wouldn't get the humour if it hit you in the face.

As previously stated on this thread, it started as a parody of the "Statement".

It is a bad day when humour on this site is slated.

Some people need to lighten up.

If you want total seriousness try reading the Mail Online .

I won't be inviting some of you to my next stand-up comic performance.

You wouldn't get the humour if it hit you in the face.

As previously stated on this thread, it started as a parody of the "Statement".

It is a bad day when humour on this site is slated.

Some people need to lighten up.

If you want total seriousness try reading the Mail Online .

Now that is funny !

Back