• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which Bottled Beer for the RH Bars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McNasty

Following up on discussions at our SOUTHEND UNITED SUPPORTERS GROUP meetings at which The Commercial Director Danny Macklin attended, one of our representatives, Ken Taylor of TZ took a tour of the ground, as number of supporters have expressed a desire for much needed facility improvements.

The ladies toilets that serve the East Black/Green's has now already been done much to the delight of the users last Saturday.

A match day visit to the bars in the west (unfortunately time did not allow consumption) was also made with Danny and a choice of other beers to be made available was requested.

We have now been advised that our suppliers can offer the following bottled beers. Please vote for your favourite in the poll

We also have been advised that Theakstons XB and Courage Director's has now been ordered and should be available for the next home game.

WhT about the ladies toilet in the West? The state is appalling

The men's in the west... dirty, no locks..not hot water..... flush never works.... filthy people in them don't wash their hands and go direct to the food counters....nice....

The men's in the west... dirty, no locks..not hot water..... flush never works.... filthy people in them don't wash their hands and go direct to the food counters....nice....

Hopefully the toilets will be up-graded soon ---- we are unable to improve some people's personal hygiene habits. Sorry.

WhT about the ladies toilet in the West? The state is appalling

As West standers, I've just told Mrs RHB that the Ladies toilet in the East has been improved. Her first response was slightly more earthy than Tinks but Naturally, she was also very pleased for lady supporters in the East.

Hopefully the toilets will be up-graded soon ---- we are unable to improve some people's personal hygiene habits. Sorry.
It's a bug bear of mine...... as it's a decent thing that can effect others...... yes I hope they upgrade the men's west too.

Old Peculiar for me. It tastes like the pint pot sweets!

This was found to be the case in all toilets gents and ladies, however we've been assured that action is now being taken albeit long overdue.

After witnessing a convincing 3-1 win against the league leaders, it was amusing to hear some female's point of discussion on the way out was about the refurbished Loo's :omg: I guess we all have our priorities!

Well done Ken for taking this guy around and to the forum. A great result. Perhaps it's a start of
something for the club and supporters.
Also nice to see someone is listening and taking action.

Excellent news - I hope the Theakstons and Courage appears in the Blues Lounge. I have been trying for 2 years to get some half decent beer in there only to be told that it is not possible and the (awful) selection of beer in there is very popular.

Hmmm....seems strange that toilets was already on Ron's Agenda following our Liaison Meeting! The West ladies had long been a topic of conversation at Liaison, and I am pleased to see that Ron is listening to requests to improve the facilities for those attending. I know I emphasised the need for toilets that children use to be better attended to, as a mum you have a dread of taking your child into a toilet like ours are!

It's also worth asking if there's hand sanitiser in the Gents in the West, as there is in the Ladies? This is obviously a much quicker - and possibly more hygienic option to washing hands with water.

Must admit to being surprised Waggle Dance is not available already as it is in the bars in the East. Rarely use the bar in the West - are bottles over there the plastic ones or are they always glass and decanted into plastic glasses?

Deuchars and Waggle Dance are two different beers so I'm getting two votes for the price of one, right?

Ken

Should be local brewries not some bland stuff from a massive global firm.
A no from me till we get some decent beer not what is on the vote for.
My money will stay in the local pubs until we get what we really want!!

Slaphead

Appreciate what the club is trying to do here, but are they not better of saving the money for the new stadium, after all it is iminent :whistling:

Ken

Should be local brewries not some bland stuff from a massive global firm.
A no from me till we get some decent beer not what is on the vote for.
My money will stay in the local pubs until we get what we really want!!

Slaphead

This has already been looked into in the past and they can't compete pricewise.

Maybe - when and if - we get to Fossetts, there might be some mileage in having a bar that sells more local offerings. I'd love to see some Crouch Vale stuff on sale but people would need to accept it would be more expensive.

Back