• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have a Southend United 'Go with Sammy Shrimper' (blue print on white felt material) triangular car pennant from about 1969 hanging in our spare bedroom.

Signed and framed shirt from Lincoln play off final plus Paul Brush's anorak he wore at the match. Treasured possessions. COYBB

Interestingly I have a very recent souvenir, got it from the ref yesterday before the game. It was his ability to get any important decisions correct.

I told you to wait until after the game before you took that! Bloody hell, do you never listen?

Alan Moody's shirt, short, team photo and dinner menu from the 80/81 season when my dads company sponsored him
A few signed balls
A signed LDV fanzine
Signed stan collymore VHS
Signed stan collymore matchworn shirt
Signed stan collymore book
signed book of blues matches in history (Smirk, etc)
Signed custard splat shirt
match ticket from southend v liverpool
coach ticket from blues on tour for the fa cup sheff weds game in 1993
programme when southend played bermuda in bermuda after shaun goater (thanks to TMWLT)
signed shaun goater book
signed framed photo of the league one celebrations
various signed programmes
kevin keegan signed a programme for me as well

i did have a barry fry signed programme but this was chucked away when Jim Rosenthal also signed it without asking.

I have over 100 Southend players complimentary away match tickets from the late 60's, early 70'.
A signed used match ball 1970-71 when Southend United played Scunthorpe United(2-2)given to me by the club/players for my 21st.Birthday.
1980-81.Derek Spence's Home & Away Shirt(Charterhouse) The home shirt was given to me in the tunnel after the last home league match against Rochdale.(Derek also gave me his Northern Ireland shirt from the World Cup match qualifier (1-1) at Hampden Park a match I attended with my good friend Russ Ralph(who sadly is no longer with us).
1980-81. Dave Cusack's tracksuit.(Champions Division 4).
1984-85. Ron Pountney Shirt/Shorts/Socks.(I sponsored him in his testimonial year with my Czech Pen Friend, this turned out to be Ronnie's last season as he was released at the end of that season by the then manager Bobby Moore).
2000-01?.Ronnie Pountney Testimonial a spare shirt unused in the match. Ronnie also gave me a glass football engraved "Ron Pountney Testimonial" these were also given to the Charlton Athletic players who played in his match.
2006-07.Peter Clarke match worn shirt from the Championship season.
Finally all the memories from over 55 years of supporting my local club and the many players I have come across in all those years especially the friends that I retain to this day from the "Halcyon Days" of the middle to late 60's & early 70's.

I've got a pair of Bart Grieminks gloves and the tickets from every game up to and including our first LDV Final plus all te players autographs from the same season (bit faded now)![h=1][/h]

I got my 1970 replica shirt signed by king billy best at the Northampton game and am going to get that framed and hung asap

After a dismal day I got round to opening a couple of boxes of my old SUFC programmes, and other tat, which have been in the loft for more years than I can recall.

One item I had forgotten I still had (thought my mum had chucked it when I left home around 25 years ago) was a Wembley Trophy football, signed by the 1980-81 Division 4 winning squad. I remember this match so clearly, and the players throwing signed balls into the crowd. I was at the game with my dad and grandad, we were playing a friendly against Wolves, who were a leading club back then. I remember standing on the West stand terrace, and catching Ron Pountney's eye - he aimed one of the balls directly at me with a firm throw, to which the then 11 year old wannabe Southend No.1 caught instinctively as the surrounding supporters shouted "oi that's mine!" to which my dad then grabs and declares actually it's my sons and shoves the ball up his jumper. So, had it ever since.

View attachment 4531

Having spend it's life in lofts, sheds and garages it's seen better day and most of the signatures have faded. I can still make out Dave Smith, Mervyn Cawston, Derek Spence, Tony Hadley, Terry Gray, Dave Cusack, Ron Pountney and Steve Yates.
View attachment 4533View attachment 4534View attachment 4535
Am sure they are all there somewhere...

Anyone got any interesting SUFC memorabilia hidden in lofts or cupboards?

I always thought Pountney looked a bit dodge, the glass eye explains it though!! :smile:

I have mannequins dressed in my favourite players kits.

Nile Ranger is by the front door to deter burglars.

Has anyone got a SUFC silk scarf from the 70s ?
Just checked yes still got one this was from about early 70's this one is blue with the badge printed all over it in white. I did also have another with the same design but white with blue badge all over it.
Also does anyone remember the car sticker that was about in the 60's, it was blue with white wording about 10" x 2" approx? and said something like this "SUPPORT THE BLUES" but the UP was larger(as in UP THE BLUES), also think the badge was on it some where in the middle but struggling to quite remember???

Remember that sticker well.As for the silk scarf todays kids don't know what they're missing being able to wear it through the belt holes of your jeans... How cool did we look !
Just checked yes still got one this was from about early 70's this one is blue with the badge printed all over it in white. I did also have another with the same design but white with blue badge all over it.
Also does anyone remember the car sticker that was about in the 60's, it was blue with white wording about 10" x 2" approx? and said something like this "SUPPORT THE BLUES" but the UP was larger(as in UP THE BLUES), also think the badge was on it some where in the middle but struggling to quite remember???

looking to sell a bunch of programmes, mostly from late 70's and early 80's, including Southend v Liverpool FA cup tie. A few car kits... let me know if youre interested

I have my 1980/81 Travel Club membership card - signed by Phil Esdaile. Was banned after a misunderstanding at Darlo and never travelled by coach again. Great souvenir and reminder of being a prat!

Back