• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
This really is an utter ****show isn't it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-shafting-poor-enjoy-Leicester-City-can.html

This is the first year I can recall where I have had almost no interest in the Champions League. Not having BT Sport, so not being able to watch live games is one factor, but generally I'm just getting bored with it. I was never a fan of the concept anyway - European Cup should be for national champions and the reigning European champions only - but I kind of went along with it. But now they are making it even worse...

BT Sport's viewing figures for the Champions League are, by all accounts, phenomenally poor.

Sky's decision to jack it in could prove to be a wise one.

Maybe BTs figures are because people find it hard to pay for Sky & BT..dont know.I have sky here in Germany(British),costs me nearly60 pounds a month.No champ league.
My son has German Sky here,costs 20 euros a month,was for Prem league(they just lost that this season) and all Champ league games live.Watched Arsenal last night,but they only have commentary on 2 games!!the others you only hear he crowd.
I love the Champ league&Europa cup..its us!! v them...But US !!WE..are so crap now its sad..but maybe Man.C have a chance

The thing is, I kind of expected it, so it didn't come as a surprise. I like the fact that it's on BT because I'm not even tempted to watch it! I lost interest a long time ago, and only watched out of habit.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run because there's a fair chance that all these changes will just put most viewers off, so the only people watching will be fans of the teams involved, thus reducing the viewing figures. At that point there's also a chance that the next TV deals will be a lot less lucrative. If any of this happens it will be interesting to see where that leaves all these clubs: playing matches no-one outside their fans are interested in for far less money.

We can but hope!

The BT sports package is pretty good (I have BT sport and NFL game pass which suits me). Sky sports is terribly expensive. I think the problem is that fans of big clubs will struggle to justify Sky and BT to justify both domestic and European campaigns.

BT have now extended their TV rights for the Champions League until 2021.

Which is annoying enough as i'm not a BT Customer, but even more disappointing is that due to the new £1.2 billion exclusive deal, there wont even be any highlights of the games shown on "free to air" tv channels (ITV) anymore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39177581

Just watched Barca v PSG!

All I can say is WOW!!

Barca 0-4 down in the 1st leg, winning 2nd leg 3-1 in 88th minute (needing to score three to avoid elimination), so they score 3 and win 6-1 ! Madness...

Didn't see the match, but my god they were two very dodgy penalties. Looks like the officials got caught up in the "making history" moment eh?

Didn't see the match, but my god they were two very dodgy penalties. Looks like the officials got caught up in the "making history" moment eh?
The pens were slightly contentious for sure, but also their winner looked a tad offside to me...

We need the 'Barca' officials down at RH - about time we had a homer

In fairness, Suarez took a tumble for another penalty claim, earlier in the second half and the referee booked him for diving.

Just watched Barca v PSG!

All I can say is WOW!!

Barca 0-4 down in the 1st leg, winning 2nd leg 3-1 in 88th minute (needing to score three to avoid elimination), so they score 3 and win 6-1 ! Madness...

The similarity of PSG and Arsenal! Loads of "Cheese Munching Surrender Monkeys" and when the going got tough .........................history repeats.

Oh, and Barca, Bayern get the ref's favours.

its not only in Germany,that the refs "like" BAYERN,but in Europe as well.
Got a feeling that UEFA like the two Bs

Back