• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Born at home at 105 Wenham Drive, so, 0.4 miles by road but considerably less as the crow flies!

Wenham Drive.jpg

Cripes, that's a bit precise! are you sure it wasn't 5.92?

Basildon for me, Dagenham and Redbridge is my away game closer than home game. (Well, it was when they were in our division).

RAC route planner mate. Far too early in the morning to work it out manually.

...and I thought you'd paced it out! :smiles:

In the misspent teenage years if you missed the 11:30 pm last train from Southend Vic on a Saturday night then pacing it out was the order of the day. And yes, I did do it a few times.

I was born in Redhill in Surrey so not close at all.

Oldchurch Hospital Romford. I was brought up as spammer, but saw the light at 11years old after we moved to Wickford and my dad took me to SUFC on a foggy night in 1969 v Aldershot (2-2). Closest I have lived to RH was Rectory Ave Rochford.

41.82 miles away in Central Middlesex Hospital, NW10. Technically I should be a QPR fan, but hey...

Rochford Road. Delivered on the sofa and immediately campaigned for the roads name to be changed to Southend Avenue or something equally proper. First school was Prince Avenue.

I guess that makes me and many others genuine SS-GB because of our postcode at birth.

Last edited:
1.3 Miles
Meteor Rd, Westcliff on Sea
Could hear the roar from the stadium when the Blues scored

Apparently

Oldchurch Hospital Romford. I was brought up as spammer, but saw the light at 11years old after we moved to Wickford and my dad took me to SUFC on a foggy night in 1969 v Aldershot (2-2). Closest I have lived to RH was Rectory Ave Rochford.
Coincidence.... I was Born in OH in 1958 and my first game was a draw against Aldershot in the 60's (1-1 1967)

Likewise.ROMFORD. born and bred. Snr

Back