• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Sometimes good and sometime not so good, but yesterday second half it was terrific.

Even before ranger scored the crowd noise was increasing. By the time cox scores the winner it's reached rediculous.

The West yesterday was as loud as it's been since col u last season season.

Not sure what the West sounds like to the rest of the ground but it sure sounded loud in amongst. I could see the east and south joining in and you could see the wind in the sails of the players and the opposition wilting.

Great stuff

Sometimes good and sometime not so good, but yesterday second half it was terrific.

Even before ranger scored the crowd noise was increasing. By the time cox scores the winner it's reached rediculous.

The West yesterday was as loud as it's been since col u last season season.

Not sure what the West sounds like to the rest of the ground but it sure sounded loud in amongst. I could see the east and south joining in and you could see the wind in the sails of the players and the opposition wilting.

Great stuff

For the 1st 40 minutes or so the West was like a morgue.

But we made up for it after that.

I'm glad you said this, atmosphere was flat as a pancake in the 1st half throughout the ground - quite reminiscent of Tuesday night at Coventry. Once things got going in the 2nd, it was a totally different matter and there's no doubt in my mind that this helped the players.

It was, but in fairness so was the other 3 sides. The first half was the flattest atmosphere I've witnessed at RH this season, and the second was the best. Fair play to the Blue Voice for getting it rocking.

I had to move in the first half as a group of lads were talking so much negative bollocks behind me that even with my fingers in my ears I could still hear them. Why they think their "pearls of wisdom" should be public knowledge God alone knows.
I sat in the first row up from the Blue Voice in the second half and thought the atmosphere was OK. If you just clap along it is amazing how loud it can become.
Now as you know I'm a very sad *******. I was day dreaming about getting a ball kicked into the crowd, quickly giving it to Ben Coker who does a quick throw to a colleague and we score. I was then carried the full length of Roots Hall in celebration. Yes I'm that sad. Well bugger me if the ball doesn't come over. I leap from my seat as anyone my age can and catch it, Ben says quickly, I throw it to him and he throws it. However no goal ensued. Sort it out Ben!!!!!!!!!!!
A great game that will go down in the old memory banks for ever.

Got to say a lot is said about the atmosphere in the ground. I sit in the East Stand and the atmosphere most games is good, yet we often get criticised for being flat or not getting involved. West was good yesterday once the goals started to flow. Prior to that it sounded ok from where we sit but certainly not rocking. Said many times best stand for atmosphere is the northbank

I have to agree with others, the atmosphere really was dead in that first half. But the second half was different. The fans got louder, the team got better and by the time Coxy was standing over that free kick I would genuinely have been more surprised if it didn't go in

The spark was the substitutions, followed by Demi's shot.

Got the crowd going and it is a great place, once the volume is up a few notches.

Also, as 'Shrimperjon' says, above, the East Bank give it plenty, too! :thumbsup:

Remarked on this at h/t

The lack of noise was unsettling and must have impacted the players. The crowd noise at RH especially TBV has been our 12th man and it showed as the whole atmosphere changed just prior to Ranger's goal and erupted when Cox came on. The players reaction was as immense as the noise in the West stand. One thing about Ranger, he seemed to lose any momentum towards the end of the first half, almost to the point where he seemed to have given up chasing any balls however after his goal he was up and down the pitch like a man possessed...

The spark was the substitutions, followed by Demi's shot.

Got the crowd going and it is a great place, once the volume is up a few notches.

Also, as 'Shrimperjon' says, above, the East Bank give it plenty, too! :thumbsup:

i said exactly the same thing at the time re Demetriou shot. A few groans behind me but it got the crowd going and we went on from there. Great afternoon

Funny old game football, the moaning and groaning coming from W for the first 55mins followed by a half decent atmosphere (there has been plenty better this year)

Where I was standing the majority of people had the standard comments of, Brown Out, Season Over all that nonsense and by the end of the game where all signing Brown's name etc.

Cripes :smile: it wasn't as bad as Coventry - not quite so many empty seats!

The atmosphere at Coventry was pretty poor. But the noise that the Coventry supporters made to the right of us, was at times pretty loud, and that was from roughly about 50no. of them, at most, but the acoustics within the ground made it sound quite a lot more. I made the comment that if the equivalent of the SUFC blue voice was in the top corner of the ground, then the Rioach would have been rocking.

It made me realise how poor the acoustics actually really are at roots hall, and under the circumstances, how well the home supporters do with generating an audible atmosphere.

I do believe that our second goal was in part due to 12[SUP]th[/SUP] man that the supporters helped to make.
In my view, the players react to the atmosphere, like in the second half, but the supporters react to the players performance, like in the first half.

Snr.

i said exactly the same thing at the time re Demetriou shot. A few groans behind me but it got the crowd going and we went on from there. Great afternoon

Same here , I said the same to the old man. That was a turning point in the team and terraces, the belief that the job could be done. The stadium picked up on that moment !

Funny old game football, the moaning and groaning coming from W for the first 55mins followed by a half decent atmosphere (there has been plenty better this year)

Where I was standing the majority of people had the standard comments of, Brown Out, Season Over all that nonsense and by the end of the game where all signing Brown's name etc.

What were they signing it on?

:winking:

Sounds like the crowd lifted thew team second half. Well done all.
We are one of very few clubs who give away fans the traditional "home end" which easily generates the most noise. I know there are reasons ...just saying.

I thought the crowd were very poor first half, considering we were just one win from the play-offs. What ever happened to lifting your team rather than expecting them to lift you.

We had the usual 'empty heads' shouting abuse when we were 1-0 down. We missed a sitter and they went down the other end and scored...It happens so get over yourselves.

Next week v Oldham people will look at the table and expect us to be 2-0 up in 20 minutes. Forgetting that Oldham have lost just once in the last 9 games and have picked up more points than us in that time. If we do get promoted I don't think we have a home crowd that could help keep us in the Championship.

As for the bloke who allegedly left after 35 minutes thinking he looks cool just like the Johnny-Come-lately's who walk out in the PL......Glad you missed the second half......You utter mug.

Back