• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Local Chiropractors / Backworks in Southend

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
Question for the local types here;

Anyone used 'Backworks' Chiropractors (who advertise as SUFCs provider) in the Southend or can you recommend another locally in the Leigh / Southend area?

Thanks

I've used the Queens Road Clinic in Southend for an ongoing shoulder injury. The guy there was very good if not a bit fussy. Normal stuff, it will take xx treatments to solve your problem. He did solve it and we discussed SUFC in the process. He's well into his 70s so not everyone's cup of tea though.

Been going to Anthony Larholt for years, sorted several bad problems and keeps them at bay. Highly recommended.

To avoid confusion Floval, Queens Road Clinic and Anthony Larholt are one and the same.

Can recommend Club Kingswood in Basildon ex Shrimper Danny Kerrigan is working on my back and amazing how well its coming along
He does one to one or classes on a Saturday and Monday £ 7.00 for non member, but its in a group

Decent guy as well with the after care

UTS

Have a look at Cedar Hall clinic in Thundersley, ask for Jacki, she's fantastic, really knows her stuff.

Been going to Anthony Larholt for years, sorted several bad problems and keeps them at bay. Highly recommended.

I was going to him for a couple of years but he wasn't sorting my problems out, I ended up trying Optimum Spine Centre in Leigh and have been going there for 6 years now. I guess everyone is different.

, I ended up trying Optimum Spine Centre in Leigh and have been going there for 6 years now. I guess everyone is different.

Is that the one just past Westleigh School, heading towards Hadleigh?. If so, went there3 years ago for Piriformis syndrome ( similar to Sciatica). Had about 18 sessions there once a week, got sorted.
Only thing that surprised me, was each one was only for about 10-12 mins. Is this normal?. For £30+ per session, lucrative profession to be in!.

Is that the one just past Westleigh School, heading towards Hadleigh?. If so, went there3 years ago for Piriformis syndrome ( similar to Sciatica). Had about 18 sessions there once a week, got sorted.
Only thing that surprised me, was each one was only for about 10-12 mins. Is this normal?. For £30+ per session, lucrative profession to be in!.

Yeah that's the one. Most sessions are about 10-12 minutes, when I first started going there were longer and also if I'm having problems (like I have been recently).

I was going to him for a couple of years but he wasn't sorting my problems out, I ended up trying Optimum Spine Centre in Leigh and have been going there for 6 years now. I guess everyone is different.

I know exactly where that place is, both my kids went to WLS (luckily both now left). They are offering an initial consultation for £15 so may give them a call first.

Suprised how many practices there are around. The one in Southend (Backworks) lists Ben Clarkson as one of their physios.

My back and neck problems were actually not too bad until I had a referral on the NHS to Physio-Direct to cure a muscle spasm in my upper back, since seeing one of their physiotherapists the symptoms are now 10-fold. So, now I need to pay someone to put things right.

I am am also considering acupuncture which I believe can also alleviate muscular pain. Anyone??

Thanks for for all the responses.

Back