• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

did you not learn that 110% is 10% more than 100%?

Definition of percentage: a number or rate that is expressed as a certain number of parts of something divided into 100 parts.

So 110% is an interesting idea, but not a practicable possibility. It's like saying that I shall be using all 6 foot 7 inches of my 6 foot height.

Also many games where he has appeared lazy and disinterested

Eastwood used to appear that as well.

Ranger is no Eastwood but body language often means nothing.

Of course you can - it depends on your effort level last time. If it was only 90%, then 110% effort is possible.

Er what?!

If he was giving 90% last time even if he gave full effort this time he is still only giving 100%. Unless you mean he was giving 110% of his last performance, which would still only be 100% of his actual effort (actually 99%)

Bizarre discussion point of the day alert :)

I think Ranger has been a massive influence this season - there have been some games when he has won every header going and I think he shows commitment on the pitch.

What I don't like so much is the way he is treated as, or is seen as, a little boy by some. At the Gala dinner in PB's speech he sat on the floor like he was on the naughty step and there were a couple of comments along the lines that he needs 'special care'. We know he's been bad, the only way to see if he can fully turn the corner is if folk treat him like a grown up.

That 15 minutes at Bramall Lane will live long in my memory. There was a player who really wanted to prove that Phil Brown was right to put some trust in him and to prove the doubters wrong. The rest of the season didn't quite live up to that, but it has set a standard which I would love him to live up to next season.

No doubt at all that he's an exciting player, but he has to be able to produce that vibe consistently and not just be a flash in the pan. Hopefully, with the court case over and done with and a full pre-season, we'll see the best of Nile next year.

I think Ranger has been a massive influence this season - there have been some games when he has won every header going and I think he shows commitment on the pitch.

What I don't like so much is the way he is treated as, or is seen as, a little boy by some. At the Gala dinner in PB's speech he sat on the floor like he was on the naughty step and there were a couple of comments along the lines that he needs 'special care'. We know he's been bad, the only way to see if he can fully turn the corner is if folk treat him like a grown up.

Maybe the club ought to stop giving Woody the responsibility for looking after him! Grossly unfair and stopped him being able to come and sit with the fans like Lenny did at Charlton!

For me, Ranger has had moments of brilliance, a lot of averageness and a lot of injuries.

For sure he is a great asset to the squad and has been a valuable addition this season, but Fortune has been consistently good, so it comes down to whether you gamble and hope for Ranger to be on one of his magic days, knowing that he could quite easily be completely anonymous, or settle for Fortune being good?

Not a criticism of Ranger at all given what he's had off the field and after a year out of the game, and when he returned from injury it really helped spark our turnaround in form.

That 15 minutes at Bramall Lane will live long in my memory. There was a player who really wanted to prove that Phil Brown was right to put some trust in him and to prove the doubters wrong. The rest of the season didn't quite live up to that, but it has set a standard which I would love him to live up to next season.

No doubt at all that he's an exciting player, but he has to be able to produce that vibe consistently and not just be a flash in the pan. Hopefully, with the court case over and done with and a full pre-season, we'll see the best of Nile next year.

So was he found out not guilty?

So was he found out not guilty?

He pleaded guilty, the other 2 didnt , so his sentencing was deferred until the others case was heard, last thing i heard was that on the first day of the trial (Apr 22nd ???) One of the other two changed his plea to guilty.
I have not seen anything on the one remaining accused, or on Niles sentence. Has anyone else?

He pleaded guilty, the other 2 didnt , so his sentencing was deferred until the others case was heard, last thing i heard was that on the first day of the trial (Apr 22nd ???) One of the other two changed his plea to guilty.
I have not seen anything on the one remaining accused, or on Niles sentence. Has anyone else?

Cheers, I know he pleaded guilty didn't know the trial was for his co-defendants.

For me, Ranger has had moments of brilliance, a lot of averageness and a lot of injuries.

For sure he is a great asset to the squad and has been a valuable addition this season, but Fortune has been consistently good, so it comes down to whether you gamble and hope for Ranger to be on one of his magic days, knowing that he could quite easily be completely anonymous, or settle for Fortune being good?

Not a criticism of Ranger at all given what he's had off the field and after a year out of the game, and when he returned from injury it really helped spark our turnaround in form.

I wouldn't go that far he has had some very average games when he has started, Millwall in the cup comes to mind but is a good signing overall. We have looked our best when we start with a fit Ranger and then Fortune after 60 minutes. Fortune is an ideal player ideal player away from home when we are a goal up. His second half performance at Oldham would be right up there on the list of best 45 minutes in a season.

Cheers, I know he pleaded guilty didn't know the trial was for his co-defendants.

Originally the two co-defendants both pleaded not guilty, hence the trial in the first place. I did hear that one of them had then pleaded guilty just before or at the start of the trial but I have not been up dated since. Perhaps someone in the know can update us when he will be sentenced.

I could be wrong but if you plead guilty and show remorse, your sentence is normally lighter. It makes me wonder what influence the club and it's solicitors have had with Nile pleading guilty........

I wouldn't go that far he has had some very average games when he has started, Millwall in the cup comes to mind but is a good signing overall. We have looked our best when we start with a fit Ranger and then Fortune after 60 minutes. Fortune is an ideal player ideal player away from home when we are a goal up. His second half performance at Oldham would be right up there on the list of best 45 minutes in a season.

You're not wrong about Oldham.

He frightened the life out of Peter Clarke who had no idea how to handle him and was eventually booked.

I was therefore surprised when he wasn't used earlier in the return game.

Back