• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best cold food

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I over ordered on the pizza front yesterday and have just eaten a cold Pizza Hut supreme pizza after 3 hours mountain biking.

Is there a better dish eaten cold?

I over ordered on the pizza front yesterday and have just eaten a cold Pizza Hut supreme pizza after 3 hours mountain biking.

Is there a better dish eaten cold?

Finally!..... a serious thread on Shrimperzone, that is truly worthy of debate!! :thumbsup:

For me, it's Got to be sausage rolls, pigs in a blanket, & most importantly any meat left over from a Sunday roast that you can put into a sandwich the next day.

I'm a bit picky about leftovers, and what I will re-heat the next day, but of all the main dishes, what I like most to re heat from frozen would be Chilli Con Carne (oddly to me, it always tastes more spicy than the original night i ate it on).

Finally!..... a serious thread on Shrimperzone, that is truly worthy of debate!! :thumbsup:

For me, it's Got to be sausage rolls, pigs in a blanket, & most importantly any meat left over from a Sunday roast that you can put into a sandwich the next day.

I'm a bit picky about leftovers, and what I will re-heat the next day, but of all the main dishes, what I like most to re heat from frozen would be Chilli Con Carne (oddly to me, it always tastes more spicy than the original night i ate it on).

In similar vein, left over curry is always better the following day after it has had a chance to 'mature'. Ideally for breakfast with a fried egg on top!

My older brother could always have a re-heated curry at about 8am for breakfast after a night on the booze!.... Personally it used to make my stomach churn. :'(

Each to their own I guess.

Edit / Update: A recycled ruby with a fried egg on top?... Mate you've gone to far surely?!?... No wonder your called "seasick"... That's wrong on every level... have a fried egg by all means, but damn!...have it on toast or on an old fashioned fry up, but not on a day old cold chicken tikka jalfrezi !!

Who needs to put left over roast meat in a sandwich? It's fine to pick at on its own or with pickles! :smile:

Cold home made steak and kidney pie left over from dinner
(Not that there is much leftover when the missus cooks one )

UTS:smile:

In similar vein, left over curry is always better the following day after it has had a chance to 'mature'.

As an aside, when I did my Indian cookery courses, the tutor always told us which dishes were best to freeze and advised us to do so for the very reason you state.

Hot ranking:
1. Lamb
2. Beef
3. Pork
4. Chicken

Cold ranking:
1. Beef
2. Chicken
3. Pork
4. Lamb

Dont think you can beat the pizza next day.

Curry does taste nice the next day but Id disqualify it as Id have to heat it up.

On a vaguely related theme, just been to Harvester for the first time in years. Pretty impressed, decent chicken and ribs and good value

Back