• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I recall we've been pretty seriously linked with Forrester before, when he was at Doncaster, so would expect him to be on the radar again should he be available.

Sounds like he has been banished for discipline reasons by rangers new manager. Seems like his career has stalled somewhat, has the talent but perhaps not the application- a bit like Ranger?

Harry Forrester, Darren Pratley and Rob Kiernan

I'd have two out of the three in a heart beat. Pratley I'm not so keen on, I'm not sure why. I find it hard to believe that Forrester and Kiernan would go from being at Rangers, the second biggest team in Scotland, all the history and playing at Ibrox to League One. I'm not saying it won't happen, it just seems like a big drop... Does anyone else think so?

It's all well and good saying they'll have an opportunity, and having only 19-20 players you'd think that'd force Brown to involve them. But I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd have two out of the three in a heart beat. Pratley I'm not so keen on, I'm not sure why. I find it hard to believe that Forrester and Kiernan would go from being at Rangers, the second biggest team in Scotland, all the history and playing at Ibrox to League One. I'm not saying it won't happen, it just seems like a big drop... Does anyone else think so?

It's all well and good saying they'll have an opportunity, and having only 19-20 players you'd think that'd force Brown to involve them. But I'll believe it when I see it.

My understanding is that you play at some big home games and some big away games ............ but there are also quite a number other teams in the league that aren't really up to that much. You could say there is the same in Division 3 but with the incentive of getting promoted into (arguably) the most interesting league in Britain.

a) Rangers are really only the 2nd biggest team in Scotland in people's perception...they are absolutely ****ed as a club. Their league position of around 3rd or 4th is about right...big ground yes and maybe 1 or 2 European Qualifiers if they are lucky, but not a lot else to keep players there at the moment...they've just given Kenny Miller, who to be fair was their best player last season, a couple of years contract extension and he's 53 next birthday...that's where they are as a club

b) They have a new Portuguese manager who seems to be trying to build a team of cheaper Portuguese imports...I suspect a lot of their current crop of underperformers will not be welcome regardless.

Interesting trio have had contract offers withdrawn at Fleetwwod, David Bell, Conor McLaughlin and Jimmy Ryan.

Of the three, Conor McGlaughlin is a right back, International, who played under Brown at Preston in 2011 hmmn.........

Interesting trio have had contract offers withdrawn at Fleetwwod, David Bell, Conor McLaughlin and Jimmy Ryan.

Of the three, Conor McGlaughlin is a right back, International, who played under Brown at Preston in 2011 hmmn.........

Yes, I saw that - sounds like Fleetwood are losing 3 players they wanted to keep. It will be interesting to see where they end up.

Full marks to Rosler for getting Fleetwood into such a brilliant position ...........it's hard to think that people aren't looking at him as a potential manager in the next division up.

Don't we already have a right-back who is an international?

And we also have White.

Don't we already have a right-back who is an international?

And we also have White.

Hello mate, and yes we do, but if, and it's a big if, we added McGlaughlin, White would be cover for CB, with him looking more than adequate as the cover there, Jason Demetriou could be pushed forward to RM, giving us a really strong right flank, both offensively and defensively. PB has already said we are only going to sign one CB, could this be why??

Of course it's all conjecture and lots of ifs, whats and maybes, but isn't that what the close season is all about, especially when the team you support hasn't signed anyone new yet. lol.

The one with the biggest t*ts!

Note: this is an obscure(ish) film reference, for the avoidance of doubt
Reminds me of an old Capital Radio advert that Kenny Everett used...until it got banned. "C.R. The station with the biggest hits!"

McGlaughlin, McLaughlin, McGlashan.... I sense a pattern in it's infancy. Could we build a team around the Mc's?

You have a point about all the Maccies,... and our chairman's called Ron...!........ our shirt sponsor is "MD".... and we have "burger/onion issues" at Roots Hall..... I'm starting to think Uncle Ron is in some sort of "secret burger masonic society"

just saying.! :smile:

Maybe that's why we aren't in the running to get RoNando's signature?

Back