• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would always consider keeping some of the budget back for just such a scenario - the odd player who becomes free and we can snap them up. That's how we got Lenny wasn't it?

Especially if we can get another striker in on a short term to see how they do and to cover the time when Ranger is out/available

Any signs of signing a striker? We would start the season with Cox, Fortune and Robinson with Ranger to come along at some time. Is that enough - quite probably.

Hash tag: IwouldhavekeptholdofHines

Expect we'll bring a kid in on loan late on to cover for Ranger and add a bit more depth.

Won't need one as we have Super Norman Wabo!

Do we know whether Turner is being brought in instead of Kiernan or are we potentially going to end up with both of them? Haven't followed the threads closely enough to work out if we're actually after Kiernan or if it's just speculation.

Do we know whether Turner is being brought in instead of Kiernan or are we potentially going to end up with both of them?Haven't followed the threads closely enough to work out if we're actually after Kiernan or if it's just speculation.

We could do with signing both! Relying on just Turner and Ferdinand would be a dangerous move.

Nope, if we finished in 18th of League 2 last season or just got relegated to the conference, then maybe we get Corr in, but Col Ewes & Orient is more of his level. We can aim much higher than that!

Corr ticks all the boxes. Former Shrimper, over 30, Irish, numerous injury problems and played fewer than 10 games last season. Get him in Mr Brown!

Corr ticks all the boxes. Former Shrimper, over 30, Irish, numerous injury problems and played fewer than 10 games last season. Get him in Mr Brown!

Yes, yes, yes .......... absolutely ............ oh no, that's a mistake. :sad:

If you had ended your post with "Fact. End of" I would have been fooled into believing ..............

He certainly was ,and if my memory serves me correct scored a couple of goals in the trials ,playing RB position.:unsure:
Yes,I recall one of them,at Great Wakering,was a deliberate shot from the halfway line

Here we are page 54 ......... Hendrie signs, Turner is a quite likely, the future of Lenny isn't settled yet.

So what are we still looking for?

Another central defender?
Another central midfielder?
Another striker?

Here we are page 54 ......... Hendrie signs, Turner is a quite likely, the future of Lenny isn't settled yet.

So what are we still looking for?

Another central defender?
Another central midfielder?
Another striker?
Winger, centre back, creative midfielder and if there's enough left over a striker on loan. Another centre back top priority.

Winger? Are you sure? We have 2 wingers in MacL and MacG ....... and we let Hinesy go. And we can always push Demmy forward ......... and some on here are saying Hendrie as well.

Creative midfielder ....... to replace Atko? Not a like for like but I think I agree as without Wordy we do seem a little short of ideas at times. That rumour about Granty has gone away it seems.

Back