• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No particular reason for this post only it occurred to me that he has been a good "servant" to the club and has been there for quite a few years now. :thumbsup:

Played well for us I thought and now quietly goes about his business as being assistant manager and rarely gets a mention on here (and Coughlan is certainly so much better than that man Widdrington (?)).

By the way has Coughlan tried for other managerial posts? Last I knew his family were back in the Salop area so that's quite a distance.

Last edited:
His name always pops up when the Plymouth job comes up. I don't think he would leave us for another club other than them. Unless a really big club came in for him.

Apparently he's quite happy with the role he has got and loves SUFC. He shares training the players with Phil and seems in his element doing that. I've also seen him take younger players aside and have a real long chat with them one on one, probably good advice being given on lots of things. I don't think he'll be applying for a Managers job just yet. I think he's learning from Phil. The next time the Southend job comes up, of course he may throw his hat in the ring if a Manager is not already lined up.

Coughlan and Lenny are Sturrock's two best signings by far IMO. They've both made a real long term difference to the club :thumbsup:

Unsung loyal servant, always says hello and has a smile on his face. Probably the good cop for the players when Phil has the occassional meltdown in the dressing room.

Unsung loyal servant, always says hello and has a smile on his face. Probably the good cop for the players when Phil has the occasional meltdown in the dressing room.

Yes - there could be something in that - two different characters who complement each other leading to a well balanced managerial team.

Unsung loyal servant, always says hello and has a smile on his face. Probably the good cop for the players when Phil has the occassional meltdown in the dressing room.

Yes - there could be something in that - two different characters who complement each other leading to a well balanced managerial team.

Also a rather feisty individual for when we get numpty managers in the oppo dug out determined to have a pop!

Great bloke!

Glad we stuck with him.

Came into the club at a tough time and I understand did far more than most assistants would normally do under Sturrock so earnt the right to be kept on.

.... have you not heard him on the touchline ?

Yes, I know - you are right - but I was thinking more of the fact(s) that Cockers just gets on with the job, not seen much in terms of pre or post match interviews and generally keeps his head down.

Been with us since 2010 I believe.

Back