• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Proms 2017

anyone else here into the proms?

I went to the Saturday night one, pretty decent but I wasn't mad keen on the first piece.

Going again on Monday for Shostakovich 10

anyone else here into the proms?

I went to the Saturday night one, pretty decent but I wasn't mad keen on the first piece.

Going again on Monday for Shostakovich 10

Never been, but always wanted to. The funny thing is my cousin (who used to be a member of the SWP) asked on FB if anyone wanted to join her. I didn't think that would be her kind of thing, but it clearly is.

yeah it's good fun if you like classical music, promming (standing in the middle or top for cheap) is a good way to go if you don't want to pay loads

i usually do the promming thing of paying £5. Straight from work, few beers and snacks in the queue, £5 in, 5 flights of stairs (!) then sit back, lie down, shoes off, relax and enjoy some amazing tunage.
Problem with that approach is that I had too many beers once and fell asleep during one of my favourite pieces of music!

anyway, if anyone does want to go to any and fancies some company drop me a line.

I wanted to do The Planets on Tuesday but it's sold out, don't know if there will be any left on the day

My wife and our daughters went some years back, when we were staying at the French Lycee in South Ken.Not my scene I'm afraid, as though I quite like (some) classical music I'm not too keen on the "Little Englanders" that you tend to see there.

My wife and our daughters went some years back, when we were staying at the French Lycee in South Ken.Not my scene I'm afraid, as though I quite like (some) classical music I'm not too keen on the "Little Englanders" that you tend to see there.

That's one hell of a Tar brush you've just painted the proms with,what a sap you are.:facepalm:

He's got a point. The red/salmon trouser brigade are well represented but I am sure there are all sorts in attendance including the "Come on Tim" brigade as well.

I went to Wimbledon and was expecting some really hoity toity types. But they weren't any- a genuine mixture of people. I think people want to assume some stuff is for some people when really it's for everyone. Last night there was a tribute to John Williams music for example!

I went to Wimbledon and was expecting some really hoity toity types. But they weren't any- a genuine mixture of people. I think people want to assume some stuff is for some people when really it's for everyone. Last night there was a tribute to John Williams music for example!

I'm more of a Lalo Schifrin man.

[video=youtube;yp8DGoaDZ5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp8DGoaDZ5k[/video]

He's got a point. The red/salmon trouser brigade are well represented but I am sure there are all sorts in attendance including the "Come on Tim" brigade as well.

I have a pair of salmon pink trousers too.Perhaps I should put my prejudice aside and go some time.:winking:

Really enjoyed my visits to Wimbledon back in the day.

Will also be watching the John Wiliams concert on BBC4 this evening.

I have a pair of salmon pink trousers too.Perhaps I should put my prejudice aside and go some time.:winking:

Really enjoyed my visits to Wimbledon back in the day.

Will also be watching the John Wiliams concert on BBC4 this evening.

Come on next years boat trip its a right good laugh. You can easily neck 5 or 6 on the boat alone and they play Madness.

All those foreigners on London's famous bridges love our antics and signing. Its great to see them embrace our culture, you would love cause there's none of them poncey prom types on board.

Come on next years boat trip its a right good laugh. You can easily neck 5 or 6 on the boat alone and they play Madness.

All those foreigners on London's famous bridges love our antics and signing. Its great to see them embrace our culture, you would love cause there's none of them poncey prom types on board.

Ha! When's the game?

Back