• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
I certainly hope not..
In August last season the idea that our club legend Adam Barrett would be playing some of the final games of his career - was unthinkable. Yet the reality was that time had caught up with a hero.
I believe that Anton Ferdinand was runner-up in Player of the Year last season and we all thought he was the cornerstone and key member of our defence.
A few games in. The similarities between AB last season and AF this season?? ..lets hope not.
But time waits for no man..

He struggled to track back today, no doubt about it. I think the years are catching up with him. Mind you, imagine him on the coaching staff. We missed a trick with Adam, PB should really consider it as an option.

Think we should be careful about writing someone off. If I lost my mother and sister-in-law in close timing I'd like to think my work would be understanding for a while. Some things are bigger than football.

Think we should be careful about writing someone off. If I lost my mother and sister-in-law in close timing I'd like to think my work would be understanding for a while. Some things are bigger than football.

Yes, I think ms brush has said something similar on more than one occasion. Brown sees him in training, I do believe a fit Coker alongside him would make him appear less cumbersome than he is. That is our big problem, he's getting found out and John White can't do everything on his own. We need Turner or Kiernan back fit to allow Brown the luxury of resting Anton - anyone know what is going on with Turner?

Not writing anyone off and yes I understand the personal challenges.
Just saying...it is very, very similar and no matter what the reason - he is not getting better or younger every month. Age is age.
My first proper gripe about PB is the age of the squad. We are slow and cumbersome ...it is August!! Who is on trial? Carlton Cole. This obsession with geriatric players is beginning to grate.

Just saying...it is very, very similar and no matter what the reason - he is not getting better or younger every month. Age is age.
My first proper gripe about PB is the age of the squad. We are slow and cumbersome ...it is August!! Who is on trial? Carlton Cole. This obsession with geriatric players is beginning to grate.

Kev I totally agree ,

We have seven over 30's and several coming up to 30.....none of them have any resale value....some are crocked.....youth doesn't exist in this set up.

The signing policy is either damn stupid or very clever money wise?

Why extend Robbo''s deal?...why sign crocked centre backs....why give Ferdy a further 2 years.

The legacy is mad bad and downright stupid.

Ido agree to a certain extent, but to be fare, if they were in there prime, they would not be at Southend anyway.

Check my threads. Never posted it.
Might have mentioned in general debate that AF is not the player he was. That is it

AF will come good, it's the issue off the pitch that hit him hardest than we think. He need our support even more, even he make mistakes against Walsall next Saturday.

AF will come good, it's the issue off the pitch that hit him hardest than we think. He need our support even more, even he make mistakes against Walsall next Saturday.

Is he going to sign for Plymouth before the deadline then............?

I suspect he realises that he is fourth in the pecking order now behind Turner, Kiernan and White if they are all fit at the same time and has got the hump.

Is he going to sign for Plymouth before the deadline then............?

I suspect he realises that he is fourth in the pecking order now behind Turner, Kiernan and White if they are all fit at the same time and has got the hump.

If he plays like he did last season there's no way he'd be 4th choice, he'd be the first CB on the teamsheet.

Personally I think Ferdinand is struggling as he is being run ragged by our inept defending down the flanks. He had no pace last season but it didn't matter so much as we were solid as a unit. Ferdinand looked like a Rolls Royce back there when he was mopping up. We're far too open now and we need to get White back in at RB as soon as possible, along with playing someone solid who can sit in front of Demetriou instead of McGlashan (who I accept has done well so far but we're simply conceding too many goals). Both full-backs are absolute pish.

When Wordsworth returns we should stick Timlin in at LB. Yes it's not ideal but he's a hell-of-a-lot better than Hendrie who is an absolute liability.

Back