• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tony Allen

Given we seem to sign quite a few crocks over the years what exactly do medicals cover. Turner signs - might be a good player but we don't know yet. Why doesn't a medical tell him to go away until he is match fit and then we start from scratch.

Tony Allen

Given we seem to sign quite a few crocks over the years what exactly do medicals cover. Turner signs - might be a good player but we don't know yet. Why doesn't a medical tell him to go away until he is match fit and then we start from scratch.

Tony Allen

I understand the doctor acting for the club undertakes the following
Player breathing
Player has 2 arms and 2 legs
Player has head

If above are in place...player passed the medical:smile:

I can see Turner being a case of 'contract cancelled by mutual consent' in a few months time having never played for us, once the penny drops he'll never be fit.

I can see Turner being a case of 'contract cancelled by mutual consent' in a few months time having never played for us, once the penny drops he'll never be fit.

Hope not as he was a great player a couple of seasons back.

He doesn't strike me as a 'fancy dan' type player who will live on his past and if fit then I think he would be a great asset and leader.

Hope not as he was a great player a couple of seasons back.

He doesn't strike me as a 'fancy dan' type player who will live on his past and if fit then I think he would be a great asset and leader.

There you have it. I doubt he will ever be fit. Bought in injured, I doubt he will play a game for us

I thought Turner did a hamstring once he had joined us as opposed to joining injured ?

For me you have to take recent history I to account...2 games in a year i think he manged prior to joining....alarm bells immediately, his hammy going was so predictable...same with ranger barely any footy for a long long time he never got up to speed fully Last season, injuries and suspensions...now look at his preparation this season, prison!!! These are just a couple of examples. I will always use last season as evidence....poor start and poor finish usually due to poor preparation, the quotes and happenings of this pre season sound the same as last season's....injury here, injury there, he will catch up, late signing....he will get up to speed. De ja vu.

I thought Turner did a hamstring once he had joined us as opposed to joining injured ?
He did do a hamstring as soon as he arrived, but had a history of not playing for some time. PB signs these players, who in there prime would not come here anyway.

For me you have to take recent history I to account...2 games in a year i think he manged prior to joining....alarm bells immediately, his hammy going was so predictable...same with ranger barely any footy for a long long time he never got up to speed fully Last season, injuries and suspensions...now look at his preparation this season, prison!!! These are just a couple of examples. I will always use last season as evidence....poor start and poor finish usually due to poor preparation, the quotes and happenings of this pre season sound the same as last season's....injury here, injury there, he will catch up, late signing....he will get up to speed. De ja vu.

The entire Escape to victory team prepared in prison and they beat Germany.

How Pele managed to escape is a mystery. A beret and a Breton top isn't much of a disguise if you are the only black man in the stadium.

He did do a hamstring as soon as he arrived, but had a history of not playing for some time. PB signs these players, who in there prime would not come here anyway.

No **** Sherlock. Players like Ferdinand and Turner played in the top flight in their prime, of course they wouldn't have come here. But we're in League One not the Prem so PB's thinking will be that if they're 70-80% the player they were then then they'll do a job for us and probably be key players.

Yes we sign injury prone players but it's quite clearly a bit of a gamble to try and get a better standard of player when they're actually fit. If you want a squad of outstanding players in their prime then go and support a Champions League side coz it's not gonna happen here anytime soon.

Turner wasn't injured at all last season. He just wasn't playing.

The entire Escape to victory team prepared in prison and they beat Germany.

How Pele managed to escape is a mystery. A beret and a Breton top isn't much of a disguise if you are the only black man in the stadium.

No they didn't. The drew 4-4.

And had to rely on the goalkeeper saving a penalty in stoppage time. What was Ossie doing back there anyway???

No idea, but just think what the score would have been had they played with all 11 players for the whole match? If Pele was OK to come back on at the end, he was OK to play the whole match. Players today are mollycoddled.

I blame his agent.

No idea, but just think what the score would have been had they played with all 11 players for the whole match? If Pele was OK to come back on at the end, he was OK to play the whole match. Players today are mollycoddled.

I blame his agent.

Bit of a tap on the ribs and gets carried off? Pah.

Back