• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Fellow Shrimpers,

After my sojourn to Brentwood, Mrs SBS and I are moving to Westcliff next month (just off Hamlet Court Road, near the station) and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for pubs/bars/restaurants? Both coupley and family ones please.

Ta all.

a few decent pubs and restaurants around that way. Is Akropolis still going? I had a few nice meals there.

If you like a ruby, the Shagor on hamlet court road is good.

The Hamlet has decent food and does a Sunday roast aswell.

You've obviously got the restaurants above the Arches too, Flying Pasta is terrific.

He's from Benfleet, not the other side of the world. Get in the car and take a look for yourself, Jesus!!

Pasta Pia.

Italian street food served in cardboard trays.

Cheap and tasty. Take your own booze too.

He's from Benfleet, not the other side of the world. Get in the car and take a look for yourself, Jesus!!

Wow. You ok hun?

I'm actually in Brentwood at the moment, and as we all know, places close and open fairly regularly. Just thought I'd get the SP from the Zone...

Thanks to all those who have replied though.

If you like a ruby, the Shagor on hamlet court road is good.

The Hamlet has decent food and does a Sunday roast aswell.

I've had more than one bad experience at The Shagor and now avoid it. Also because the excellent Popadom has opened opposite.
http://www.popadom.com

Agree about The Hamlet Court, although I'd recommend it for the ales first, food second.

Lastly give Alvaros a go. A restaurant must have a bit about it to survive for as long as this one has.
http://www.alvaros.co.uk

The Kings Off Licence is fantastic however be careful if you take your kids in there.

They have a modest but well curated collection of top shelf grot near the door.

Last edited:
You've obviously got the restaurants above the Arches too, Flying Pasta is terrific.

All of them restaurants above the arches are fantastic. The one on the corner, Padrino's is our favourite. Great Wines and great with the kids!

The Cliffs Pavilion doesn't do a bad bit of food, My best pal is head chef in there now and he is good!

and you have Zen City which is a cracking Chinese.

All of them restaurants above the arches are fantastic. The one on the corner, Padrino's is our favourite. Great Wines and great with the kids!

The Cliffs Pavilion doesn't do a bad bit of food, My best pal is head chef in there now and he is good!

and you have Zen City which is a cracking Chinese.

I wonder if the two are related?

Route 5 Sutton Road, opposite Kenbro. It's the only Authentic Italian in the area (sorry padrino, flying pasta and the others) why do I say this? Ok everything is home made, (others claim this but they all use the same supplier called divine) The bread, the pasta.... all made by the couple and their Mum in the kitchen, 1 is italian and the other is Sicilian, they use products from their local villages.

The home made Tiramisu is brilliant, and massive... I also recommend they cheese board if they have the Borolo wine cheese available, they have only been open 2 years, the prices are excellent.... The food is different, you won't find garlic bread on the menu (it's really an American thing, it may be nice) they are sticking to their guns on Authentic, it's what makes them different and better, a really nice couple... check trip advisor, they have great reviews (except a couple of rivals that are obviously jealous of what they are doing)

Good luck with the move.

I've had more than one bad experience at The Shagor and now avoid it. Also because the excellent Popadom has opened opposite.
http://www.popadom.com

Agree about The Hamlet Court, although I'd recommend it for the ales first, food second.

Lastly give Alvaros a go. A restaurant must have a bit about it to survive for as long as this one has.
http://www.alvaros.co.uk

I've been there quite a few times over the last couple of years and have always enjoyed it, I haven't tried Popadom yet I have to admit.

The hamlet does do good beer, you're right there!

I live in Chalkwell / Leigh borders ... (:winking:) and plenty to choose from. There's a new Turkish place bang opposite Aldi's which is well worth a visit but you can't top Pasta Pia. Best Italian bar none in the area. Padrino's is a bit classier/expensive along Shorefield just off the front. Coffee shop opposite Crowstone Road is really good and a few cheap and cheerful cafes (jay jeans really good which is opposite Halfords) ... you always get looked after well in Zen City and there's another decent Chinese bang opposite Zen down HCR.

I could go on....

Toulouse, down on the front gets my vote. Great food, nicely laid out and lovely staff. Surprisingly reasonable prices, especially the lunch or early evening deals.

If you want a decent breakfast with a view then the Beach Hut over the road is decent. You might even see some of the SUFC staff in there. Never been a lover of the Arches as the whole thing is overrated.

If you fancy a Sunday walk or bike ride then there's loads of choice of places all the way down to Thorp Bay. Hundreds fish restaurant is one of my favourites in the summer and the Attic for breakfast in the winter.

Back