• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think Kyprianou is being trained for CB rather than LB. Kyprianou's Dad by the way is CEO of Theo Paphitis Retail.

Fair point as we don't have many CB on the books:winking:. Still rather him than Demi or Timlin at LB

Shrewsbury are another side benefitting from a settled team. 8 players have played all 6 league games and another 2, 5 of the 6. There's no big names in their side- a lot of them have come from non league.

Feel for Brown, he brings in some good names and he's accused of bringing in crocks, can imagine if he brought in 5 non league players and still being in the position we are, and the mob would be asking why no big names, where's the war chest, what does Horton do, where are the Blue Knights, bring back SUISA
Lets see how far behind the pack we are in December

UTS

I've heard through the grapevine that Ranger is allowed to play evening games as well as away games whilst under curfew.

My only change to the weekend would be dropping McGlashan, the bloke spent 65mins running into the opposition fullback!

I think this grapevine speaks the truth,

I found this on the internet re. HDC and it states the following,.

AUTHORISED ABSENCES

5.1 Contractors may authorise one off absences during a curfew period. This annex sets out the circumstances in which this may be done.

5.2 If the absence does come within the circumstances below the contractor should advise the curfewee in writing that an absence within the timescales set out would not be pursued as a violation. The curfewee must provide the contractor with sufficient written proof of the reason for the authorised absence, either 24 hours before the absence or within 48 hours of the absence for emergency absences.

5.3 Absences authorised under this section can only be one-off occurrences or more regular absences that occur less frequently than once a week. If an absence is a regular and unavoidable weekly occurrence, the curfewee will need to apply to the establishment from which he or she was released for an appropriate variation to the curfew licence.
5.4 Types of absences which should not normally be regarded by the contractor as violations

(i) Emergency absences

a) Emergency absences are those for which prior notice is not possible and include circumstances in which emergency medical treatment for the curfewee or his/her immediate dependants is required and emergencies involving the curfewee’s dependant.
b) Duration - There is no maximum duration; however, in general, most absences of this type must not exceed 8 hours in any one day.

(i) Work

a) For any regular work that will always coincide with part or all of the curfew period, the curfewee will be required to apply to the prison governor for a variation of curfew hours. For shift work, the curfewee should also contact the prison governor request amendments to the curfew period, where the shift times are predictable and known in advance.

Full details can be found here: http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/offenders/psipso/pso/pso-6700.doc

I think this grapevine speaks the truth,

I found this on the internet re. HDC and it states the following,.

AUTHORISED ABSENCES

5.1 Contractors may authorise one off absences during a curfew period. This annex sets out the circumstances in which this may be done.

5.2 If the absence does come within the circumstances below the contractor should advise the curfewee in writing that an absence within the timescales set out would not be pursued as a violation. The curfewee must provide the contractor with sufficient written proof of the reason for the authorised absence, either 24 hours before the absence or within 48 hours of the absence for emergency absences.

5.3 Absences authorised under this section can only be one-off occurrences or more regular absences that occur less frequently than once a week. If an absence is a regular and unavoidable weekly occurrence, the curfewee will need to apply to the establishment from which he or she was released for an appropriate variation to the curfew licence.
5.4 Types of absences which should not normally be regarded by the contractor as violations

(i) Emergency absences

a) Emergency absences are those for which prior notice is not possible and include circumstances in which emergency medical treatment for the curfewee or his/her immediate dependants is required and emergencies involving the curfewee’s dependant.
b) Duration - There is no maximum duration; however, in general, most absences of this type must not exceed 8 hours in any one day.

(i) Work

a) For any regular work that will always coincide with part or all of the curfew period, the curfewee will be required to apply to the prison governor for a variation of curfew hours. For shift work, the curfewee should also contact the prison governor request amendments to the curfew period, where the shift times are predictable and known in advance.

Full details can be found here: http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/offenders/psipso/pso/pso-6700.doc
so from reading that he should gave able to apply for a change in curfew, I wonder if we did and it was rejected?

According to Chris Phillips Ranger can't play, but his tag comes off in the next week or so.

Possibly a good thing, and maybe why he was on for 90 minutes on Saturday, as dont want him getting injured!

Feel for Brown, he brings in some good names and he's accused of bringing in crocks, can imagine if he brought in 5 non league players and still being in the position we are, and the mob would be asking why no big names, where's the war chest, what does Horton do, where are the Blue Knights, bring back SUISA
Lets see how far behind the pack we are in December

UTS

Spot on Ron, Mr B stated ,and stuck to keeping Lenny too; no one can say where we would be if len had been sold but I doubt we would be in better shape or position.

Oxley
Bwonomo, White, Ferdinand, Hendrie (he did ok on Saturday)
Demetriou, Leonard, Timlin, McLaughlin
cox, Fortune

I hope to see Woody make the bench for this one, along with Smith, Kyprianou, Yearwood, McGlashan, Robinson and AN Other.

Anyone know what's actually happened to Ba?

They've had a good start, had a good win vs Wigan at the weekend. We've had a somewhat indifferent start so this is a banker away win! 2-1 with Cox and Lenny getting the goals!

Oxley
cox, Fortune

I hope to see Woody make the bench for this one, along with Smith, Kyprianou, Yearwood, McGlashan, Robinson and AN Other.

I like this team, that's our best XI for me.
I do worry that Timlin is playing a bit too far forwards trying to replace Wordsworth when that isn't really his game. Should be solid, options on the bench

Oxley
cox, Fortune

Ba is 19 so likely will play mostly with the U23.

I'd rather see him come on than Robinson though at the moment..

They've had a good start, had a good win vs Wigan at the weekend. We've had a somewhat indifferent start so this is a banker away win! 2-1 with Cox and Lenny getting the goals!
I would be amazed at anything other than away win. Team with defensive problems against team that has scored in every game. Southend bound to keep a clean sheet. Also 94/95 last time we were unbeaten in 1st 7 League games. That's 1894/95 by the way so not going to happen today

I would prefer wing backs, that would best suit our full backs who like to attack. I would pick

Oxley
Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Kyprianou, Hendrie
McLaughlin, Leonard, Timlin
Cox, Fortune

subs Smith, Bwomono, Yearwood, McGlashan, Bridge, Robinson, Ba

Tough on young Elvis, but we need a change of formation, Shrewsbury play 3 up top with 2 playing wide, Demi and Hendrie need to push them back with White and Kyp covering. This gives us more width and hopefully some decent crosses for the front 2, McGlash needs a rest, maybe Ranger if he can play to come in for Fortune. Setting off in a while, hoping for a 2-0 upset win. UTB

I would prefer wing backs, that would best suit our full backs who like to attack. I would pick

Oxley
Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Kyprianou, Hendrie
McLaughlin, Leonard, Timlin
Cox, Fortune

subs Smith, Bwomono, Yearwood, McGlashan, Bridge, Robinson, Ba

Tough on young Elvis, but we need a change of formation, Shrewsbury play 3 up top with 2 playing wide, Demi and Hendrie need to push them back with White and Kyp covering. This gives us more width and hopefully some decent crosses for the front 2, McGlash needs a rest, maybe Ranger if he can play to come in for Fortune. Setting off in a while, hoping for a 2-0 upset win. UTB

I actually like the look of this set up as it also provides a bit of pace in the CB positions with Harry in there

If he can't play what's the point of taking him -he's not going to get back to Tottenham before 7pm either way.

If he has gone then they will have got it waived, which, being as it is work related, is relatively easy. Not sure if he would start or not after playing a full 90 Saturday but certainly expect him to feature.

"That's 1894/95 by the way so not going to happen today."

Am I missing something here?
Last time Shrewsbury avoided defeat in first seven League games of the season. Won't happen again this year as Southend will win

Back