• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leyton Orient

mattitouk

Life President
I see the "O's" got their National League season off to a flyer with a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Sutton United. :hilarious:

Where's JS, it would be interesting to hear his views on their close season activities and whether they've built a team good enough for promotion. I saw they lost two of their young prospects to league clubs.

Where's JS, it would be interesting to hear his views on their close season activities and whether they've built a team good enough for promotion. I saw they lost two of their young prospects to league clubs.

Hullo Ricey. I do drop in very occasionally.

With regards to your questions, I genuinely have no idea. We've certainly signed some experienced, League-quality players (loving the Boco and Elokobi signings already), but whether or not that's what we need to succeed in this division, I'm not sure. As the first game showed, being able to pass and control the ball is no use if you can't cope with the opposition kicking the s**t out of you. I also have no real idea how good the sides are in the NL. I imagine we're one of the most technically proficient teams going, but other than that all I really know is that I will never complain about League 1/2 officiating again as long as I live. It's unimaginably bad down here.

Still, new teams, new grounds and a club that's no longer being dismantled by a megalomaniac. Can't grumble too much.

Saw you sold 3,600 S/tickets, so faith starting to come back amongst supporters, not an easy league to escape, but think you will do so

My neighbours an O's supporter home and away, so he's starting to smile especially after the results saturday :-)

Saw you sold 3,600 S/tickets, so faith starting to come back amongst supporters, not an easy league to escape, but think you will do so

My neighbours an O's supporter home and away, so he's starting to smile especially after the results saturday :-)

Over 3,800 now. Highest in the modern era. Just goes to show that the sh*tter we are, the more we like it. Utter idiots.

Outside of jesting, the club is being run in a completely fan-centric way. The communication has been ridiculously good. The whole club feels alive in a way that it never did under Hearn, let alone Voldemort. Genuinely looking forward to getting dicked by Bromley on a plastic pitch is an odd feeling.

I am shocked, shocked to hear that George Elokobi dropped an absolute clanger tonight. :winking:

Joking aside I expect Orient to stabilise quite comfortably this year and to be back in the League before the decade's out.

I am shocked, shocked to hear that George Elokobi dropped an absolute clanger tonight. :winking:

Joking aside I expect Orient to stabilise quite comfortably this year and to be back in the League before the decade's out.

He certainly has a right old ricket in him. Imperious at the weekend, though, albeit against a very poor Woking side.

I suspect the Bromley game will end up looking like something of a freak result, though it did expose our tortoise-like defence enough that I'm holding out no realistic expectation other than mid-table and a flirt with the playoffs. The bad sides (Solihull and Woking) really have been very bad indeed, so those of you hoping for a third relegation in four years are going to be disappointed.

Still, we're top of the Proper League Clubs (us, Tranmere, Wrexham, Torquay and Pools), and I'd bite your hand off if it was that was that way come the end of the season.

mate my posted this on my facebook wall the other day

"Non league footy is grim - its like going back in time. On the positive side, at least our away coach is not a caravan and we don't play in Southe*d"

to come out with that after being turned over 6-1 by Bromley takes guts, and I can only respect such a man

I am hearing about some big plans at orient, the dunkin doughnuts money is being used to tempt some people to Brisbane road. Watch this space

I am hearing about some big plans at orient, the dunkin doughnuts money is being used to tempt some people to Brisbane road. Watch this space

You would hope that they had learnt a lesson from trying to buy success.

See they were on TV again Saturday, its only September and they have had two TV Games, probably twice more than we will be on all season.

Good to see lower league getting coverage but something wrong when National league teams get more than the divisions above.

See they were on TV again Saturday, its only September and they have had two TV Games, probably twice more than we will be on all season.

Good to see lower league getting coverage but something wrong when National league teams get more than the divisions above.

I don't think they are going to be as ridiculous as the Bechetti era, they are bringing in people behind the scenes first. Expect some surprises.

I guess they're seen as as big fish in that league. A stinky old minnow elsewhere of course...

It's to do with BT Sport only having contracts for Premier and National League stuff, I guess, so they have to show some of that.

On Saturday I had the misfortune of having the BT Sport Soccer Saturday style thing on, while I listened to our match on the radio.

They had the usual suspects in the studio watching Premier League games, but out and about, they had a fella reporting live from Barrow v Torquay, no less. The updates everyone were waiting for!

Its great they have the National league, just annoying they have two divisions above when they barely show any games .

Ive watched the BT Score show, its normally Savage, Sutton and Hartson just arguing so tend to stay clear. Plus it winds me up when there is no Premiership games they dont even bother having a show.

I see Orient are playing Dagenham & Redbridge in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round! :thumbsup:

I was going to re-start this thread at the weekend after their loss to the mighty footballing power house that is "AFC Flyde" :hilarious:. They haven't won in over a month, and I reckon Tranmere Rovers & Barrow is at least good for a draw. So hopefully things are on the up. :hilarious:

Back