• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley
Demi, Lenny, White, Hendrie
Wright, Timlin, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Cox, Ranger

Turner and Matsuzaka on the bench for use if Brown considers it appropriate.

That might be the line up: but with McL on right, Tims on left flank and Wright & Woody in the centre for my selection amendment.

The fact Turner was pulled from the 23's game I think all but confirms he'll be playing Saturday. Just hope he's not gonna pull up because we've waited this long, the last thing we need is further set backs

Can only see this being a big defeat.

I think in games like this pace on the break is vital. Mcglasham should get a start.

Can only see this being a big defeat.

I think in games like this pace on the break is vital. Mcglasham should get a start.

I agree with that. I think if, as I suspect, Leonard starts at CB we could see a five man midfield. Possibly:

Oxley
Demetriou White Leonard Hendrie
Wright Timlin
McGlashan Wordsworth McLaughlin
Ranger​

Assuming Demitriou escapes injury against Belgium I think the side will be:

Oxley
Demetriou Turner White Hendrie
Wright Lenny Wordsworth Timlin
Cox Ranger

Starting Turner would be a big risk. He's been out since July and is an injury-prone, over-30 player anyway. Would've preferred him to play a couple of U23 games first but Brown does have a tendency to rush players back and I guess we are desperate. We're probably going to lose anyway so I'd start White and Leonard at the back, move Timlin into midfield and have Hendrie at left-back if Kyprianou's not fit.

I agree with that. I think if, as I suspect, Leonard starts at CB we could see a five man midfield. Possibly:

Oxley
Demetriou White Leonard Hendrie
Wright Timlin
McGlashan Wordsworth McLaughlin
Ranger​

I quite like the look of that, I think that's probably our best chance of sneaking a lucky draw. Not sure though if we should start with Ranger and then bring on Cox or vice versa.

We'll be 2-0 up with ten minutes left when Noel Hunt will brought on and score a hat trick!

Apparently Christian Walton got injured in their meet the fans day and is back in Brighton.

They have a 6ft 6in centre back so it's no good lobbing it up to Ranger. They have the attacking players to tear us apart. I would put Lenny at centre half with White and have Wright and Timlin in centre midfield and hope for a lucky 1-1 draw. We need to score first though. There's no way Turner would get through 90 minutes.

I think there's more chance of a reshuffle than Turner actually being picked to start the game, despite Phil saying he may start Turner in the echo today. How can he possibly start someone who hasn't kicked a ball for months? I would also use a proper left back as well. So for me the back four would be Demetriou---White---Lenny---Hendrie

Think we will get ripped a new one. 4 or 5 nil. Be a disaster if Turner starts. Would probably go for Lenny at centre back and move Timlin into the middle.

------------------------------------OXLEY-------------------------------
DEMETRIOU-- ELVIS--LENNY--WRIGHT--WHITE---TURNER--HENDRIE--TIMLIN--MCLAUGHLIN
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------BA------------------------------------------------

The classic Park the Bus & catch em on the break :smile:

------------------------------------OXLEY-------------------------------
DEMETRIOU-- ELVIS--LENNY--WRIGHT--WHITE---TURNER--HENDRIE--TIMLIN--MCLAUGHLIN
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------BA------------------------------------------------

The classic Park the Bus & catch em on the break :smile:

McLaughlin at left-left-left back are you mad?

I think there's more chance of a reshuffle than Turner actually being picked to start the game, despite Phil saying he may start Turner in the echo today. How can he possibly start someone who hasn't kicked a ball for months? ....

Just 526 days after he started his last League match; shouldn't be a problem !

We'll be 2-0 up with ten minutes left when Noel Hunt will brought on and score a hat trick!

Apparently Christian Walton got injured in their meet the fans day and is back in Brighton.

They have a 6ft 6in centre back so it's no good lobbing it up to Ranger. They have the attacking players to tear us apart. I would put Lenny at centre half with White and have Wright and Timlin in centre midfield and hope for a lucky 1-1 draw. We need to score first though. There's no way Turner would get through 90 minutes.

Jesus Christ , this is a mob to rival Millwall !
We just have a burger fan , some shirt signing and a kickabout .......

Oxley
Demitrou White Turner Leonard Hendrie
Wright Wordsworth Timlin
Cox Ranger​

If you had looked at the fixtures early in the season then most would have said that this is a fixture from which we would be unlikely to get more than 1 point at best. So nothing regards that premonition has changed much. It is better, IMO, that we are playing a "big" team and get nothing from it than if we had a game where we might have hoped for at least a point against a struggling side.
PB needs to give the players a plan, set them out as he wants, if they don't perform hook them off and we use this game a worthwhile building and working experience.

As long as we don't collapse and concede 6 or more. :sad:

Just 526 days after he started his last League match; shouldn't be a problem !

That is horrific. People need a reality check by putting their faith on a turn around in this player. I'd be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be another ricketts.

Back