• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
It's incredible the amount of fake brand name watches on Ebay. For example if you type in 'Men's Tissot Watch' You will get loads come up, with a high percentage fake. The trouble is that the fakers fake the presentation box, the guarantee, the instructions and they even do a receipt. It's only the trained eye that knows what to look for can tell whether it's a fake. The 2 biggest giveaways is the price, normally they want about £150-£300 for a £650 new Tissot watch, and obviously the inside guts of the watch, which is cheap rubbish from China. There are sellers on there that are selling loads each month, making a fortune. If they get too many bad feedbacks about the watch turning out to be a fake, they change their username. But the ad is the same and from the same town or city.
Surely Ebay has an obligation to tackle this problem of people being ripped off. After all, they are making money out of all these fake sales. Or is that the point? As they are making money, they are turning a blind eye.
And yes, I know there are fake everything on there, but I high lighted the Tissot Watch because my friend brought an excellent fake one back from holiday, with all fake bits that go with it. It cost him about £25 in our money. He jokingly said if he gets desperate, he can put it on Ebay for about 3 hundred, like others seem to be doing. I just wondered what you thought.

It's incredible the amount of fake brand name watches on Ebay. For example if you type in 'Men's Tissot Watch' You will get loads come up, with a high percentage fake. The trouble is that the fakers fake the presentation box, the guarantee, the instructions and they even do a receipt. It's only the trained eye that knows what to look for can tell whether it's a fake. The 2 biggest giveaways is the price, normally they want about £150-£300 for a £650 new Tissot watch, and obviously the inside guts of the watch, which is cheap rubbish from China. There are sellers on there that are selling loads each month, making a fortune. If they get too many bad feedbacks about the watch turning out to be a fake, they change their username. But the ad is the same and from the same town or city.
Surely Ebay has an obligation to tackle this problem of people being ripped off. After all, they are making money out of all these fake sales. Or is that the point? As they are making money, they are turning a blind eye.
And yes, I know there are fake everything on there, but I high lighted the Tissot Watch because my friend brought an excellent fake one back from holiday, with all fake bits that go with it. It cost him about £25 in our money. He jokingly said if he gets desperate, he can put it on Ebay for about 3 hundred, like others seem to be doing. I just wondered what you thought.

Ebay is for suckers

I only buy watches from people who approach me at motorway service stations.

They had the same problem with Ugg boots a few years back - if enough people complain and the police get involved then they have to take action. Always buy with Paypal on anything like this, in my experience, you get much more help from them rather than ebay in anything dodgy.

I know of well-respected guitar expert who wad duped - paid £20,000 for a vintage Gibson that was fake. Thing was, he'd made several other purchases from the same seller that were genuine.

Have never been on E-Bay, and have no reason to do so!.

I've been using Ebay for years and have made some fantastic buys and savings. 3 months ago I got a not very old washing machine for 40 quid that cost over £600 new. Works like a dream. It's fine as long as you stay away from the sorts of things that get faked, especially all designer goods. I'm just one of those that don't like people being ripped off or scammed. As there are no checks before things go on sale, fake sellers and scammers are having a field day. They only react after many complaints, and then these sellers just set up in a different name. It all seems fine with Ebay, as they're getting their cut. Here is how good the fakers can do the watches and presentation boxes. This was 2014. They've got even better now.[video=youtube;hsuAObtByWo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsuAObtByWo[/video]

Have never been on E-Bay, and have no reason to do so!.

It's great for selling your old contract mobile phones, for instance. Have bought and sold plenty on there, only had trouble a few times, and now only post stuff I'm selling at a recorded delivery rate as I've had two buyers claim they've not received goods.

Bought loads on Ebay, but it's unlikely anyone's going to fake a £20 pasta machine.

Snide pasta machines are paying my pension.

A bit of advice. If you've got one don't use it near your kids and wear safety goggles. A welders mask is probably best.

It's great for selling your old contract mobile phones, for instance. Have bought and sold plenty on there, only had trouble a few times, and now only post stuff I'm selling at a recorded delivery rate as I've had two buyers claim they've not received goods.

I once acquired a blackberry from work which I sold for £200. Gave it to the missus to post and when I asked if she sent it recorded she said no, at that point I knew it would mysteriously get lost in the post and lo and behold it did.

You really cant trust anyone these days, expensive lesson learnt.

As for fakes in general, if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

However there is a flip side, there is a lot of stuff from China that you can get at a fraction of the price. I get a lot of accessories for hobbies and for something someone in the UK might charge £30 for you can get online from china for a tenner. As long as its not electrical and quality/safety isnt important can save a few quid. I once bought a widget for photography for 99p from China, free delivery. Have no idea how they make money on something like that.

I don’t need those ebay fakes; as I will be heading straight down to a couple of New Bond Street jewellers soon to buy some genuine Rolex and Franck Muller watches...

Just as soon as that Nigerian Prince deposits that money in my account that he promised to send me!

I once acquired a blackberry from work which I sold for £200. Gave it to the missus to post and when I asked if she sent it recorded she said no, at that point I knew it would mysteriously get lost in the post and lo and behold it did.

You really cant trust anyone these days, expensive lesson learnt.

As for fakes in general, if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

However there is a flip side, there is a lot of stuff from China that you can get at a fraction of the price. I get a lot of accessories for hobbies and for something someone in the UK might charge £30 for you can get online from china for a tenner. As long as its not electrical and quality/safety isnt important can save a few quid. I once bought a widget for photography for 99p from China, free delivery. Have no idea how they make money on something like that.

Look, just because you can't trust Mrs Jam Man doesn't mean the rest of us aren't trustworthy...

Not long back from Hisaronu in Turkey and picked up some outstandingly good quality Ralph Lauren, Boss, and Moncler t shirts and polo's (9 for £45.00) as well as a damn good looking Emporio Armani watch and four Michael Korrs bags for the missus. The art of bartering isn't dead.

Long gone are the days of dodgy looking fakes knocked up in about 10 seconds flat down a back alley in Camberwell. The Michael Korrs bags are especially good. All leather with full MK lining, quality stitching, metal MK buckle logo and a tenner or fifteen quid each to boot.

As for eBay. I've not personally touched it since I got into a long and protracted legal dispute about account and email theft and the loss of £100.00 about ten years ago and my account, email and name have been blocked since then. We do use my girlfriends account from time to time purely to sell stuff but never, ever to buy.

Not long back from Hisaronu in Turkey and picked up some outstandingly good quality Ralph Lauren, Boss, and Moncler t shirts and polo's (9 for £45.00) as well as a damn good looking Emporio Armani watch and four Michael Korrs bags for the missus. The art of bartering isn't dead.

Long gone are the days of dodgy looking fakes knocked up in about 10 seconds flat down a back alley in Camberwell. The Michael Korrs bags are especially good. All leather with full MK lining, quality stitching, metal MK buckle logo and a tenner or fifteen quid each to boot.

As for eBay. I've not personally touched it since I got into a long and protracted legal dispute about account and email theft and the loss of £100.00 about ten years ago and my account, email and name have been blocked since then. We do use my girlfriends account from time to time purely to sell stuff but never, ever to buy.

Thanks for sharing.Just ordered some Jockey (male underpants) on the net.No bartering involved, (though there was a discount as a first time buyer).Trust they won't be fakes:smiles:

Back