• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For those in a hurry tonight.

[video=youtube;sRxsW91x0Rg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRxsW91x0Rg[/video]

Great performance and celebrations at the end.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41791255[/video]

And, Let's not forget,........ to top it off... Fifa Awards......

Brewster got the golden boot for top scorer, & Foden was named player of the tournament!

:thumbsup:

:happy:

I think it'll be a lose - lose situation for the English game. Either they won't be able to break into their respective teams because of the 'product' the Premier League is, and will continue to be. Or we'll have a group of footballers that will be dubbed the 'Golden Generation', pressure will mount and nothing will be won.

I wonder when and how regulations are made to benefit homegrown players, probably too late or never.

I think it'll be a lose - lose situation for the English game. Either they won't be able to break into their respective teams because of the 'product' the Premier League is, and will continue to be. Or we'll have a group of footballers that will be dubbed the 'Golden Generation', pressure will mount and nothing will be won.

I wonder when and how regulations are made to benefit homegrown players, probably too late or never.

There already are, you have to have 8 homegrown players in the squad. Honestly though youth development has gone backwards since that came in because as you need 8 of them in your squad it means an English player of identical quality to a foreign player ends up being valued about 5 Millon pounds higher, which means only the big clubs that won't put them in the starting eleven can afford to buy them.

Worse still most successful nations have their players playing in multiple countries, look at Spain and Germany, despite their own leagues being world class they still have a lot of international players playing outside their own country. The problem is due to the homegrown player rule English players are worth more in England than Spain, if a Spanish club values a player at £10m an English club would value him at £15m because of the homegrown law, the English club is the one selling so they're going to want £15m, so all the foreign clubs will lose interest. Dortmund did pay £10m for Sancho (who didn't go to the U17s final because Dortmund wanted to bring him on for ten minutes the Saturday before yesterday) but he's an anamoly.

Question..when Germany beat England in the u-21 final (europe)4-0? eight ?years ago..the German manager(Löwe) and the boss of the German FA(DFB) went to the game,to show support and solidarity for the young German team.
I dont know,but did the boss of our FA or -and Southgate turn up for the final?? I have no idea??
I know it was in India,not Europe....but a world cup final

Question..when Germany beat England in the u-21 final (europe)4-0? eight ?years ago..the German manager(Löwe) and the boss of the German FA(DFB) went to the game,to show support and solidarity for the young German team.
I dont know,but did the boss of our FA or -and Southgate turn up for the final?? I have no idea??
I know it was in India,not Europe....but a world cup final

You have answered your own question. The german way has produced players that slot straight into there repective teams, we seemingly don't, hence Germany produce winning teams through the youth system and we don't because they don't join the senior teams. Germany look at the bigger picture, the premier look at the bigger profit.

As I mentioned yesterday, my niece (Sisters daughter) is the organiser for the team. They are all estatic after their triumph and are looking forward to getting back home.

With all the success of the England under age teams at present now would be a good time to limit the amount of foriegn players wach club can have maybe then the youths under 20s etc will be given a chance.You have already voted to leave the EU via Brexit ,so their rules shouldnt apply on foriegn players .Each club should be limited to only 6 Foriegn players is my belief.
But i dont think your FA has the guts to do it .

Doubt we'll see any of them in 5 years. They'll get released by their clubs and drop down to our level. Such is the Premier League who only care about money and **** the national game.

Look at our line-up at Walsall.

They wouldn't get a games for us for another decade.

Doubt we'll see any of them in 5 years. They'll get released by their clubs and drop down to our level. Such is the Premier League who only care about money and **** the national game.

I also blame sky sports and their subscribers, and the wanna be parents who buy their little Tristans the shirts etc of the "big" clubs and ignore a proper education in the league pyramid and their local club who they ought to get behind.:angry:

I also blame sky sports and their subscribers, and the wanna be parents who buy their little Tristans the shirts etc of the "big" clubs and ignore a proper education in the league pyramid and their local club who they ought to get behind.:angry:

One and the same mate.

I'm going to be a bit more optimistic and say quite a few will make it. Prior to this world cup we'd never got further than the quarters, before 2007 we'd never even managed to qualify for the competition. Plus the u20s that won their world cup this year had only managed to get out the group stage once in 11 attempts before then (where they lost in the last 16), which suggests our current crop of players is more talented than we've had in a while. Even if the big English clubs don't play them the world cup win has made people take notice, which increases the probability that a lower premier league club will take a punt on them or they'll get offers from abroad like Sancho did.

And what about our own club and our own supporters?

What are we doing to further youth football in this country when we are tolerating a first team that has one player under the age of 27 (and he turned 25 last season).

The problem for English football is Elvis Bwomono and Dru Yearwood's lack of playing time.

Elvis has apparently been man of the match twice in his four appearances for us.

Dru was by all accounts the star of the pre-season but the manager then didn't play him to start the season and then went and signed someone a decade older in his position.

Jack Bridge is 22 and has 190 minutes of professional football to his name. Yeah, I know he has to impress in training but even when Coughlin says he has he doesn't get league time.

This is the problem of English football. It's replicated at every club, just not to the extreme it is at ours.

And if you say Elvis and Dru aren't good enough to play for England you may have a point. But Ted Smith was good enough to play for England at age group level. He might have struggled last year, but so did Oxley. But when this season came around it was the veteran Oxley who got the change to win his critics round not the former England u18 and u20 keeper with the greater potential.

If you support this, you support Nathaniel Chalobah or whoever else it is not getting games. This starts here.

I think the progress being made at all lower levels at the moment may indicate that there is a something good going on and that St George's Park is starting to have a positive effect.

Up until this summer our only success at a world level for any of our teams was 1966. This summer the U17s lost the final of the Euros to Spain on penalties after letting in a equaliser in the 96th minute. They then went on to beat (annihilate) Spain in the final of the world cup. The U19s won the Euros. The U20s won the world cup, and the U21s got to the semis of the Euros.

(After watching the whole U17 match I find it amazing that that team lost the Euros to the same team only a few months ago. I know they're only 16 and 17 year olds, but it looked like men against boys. How Spain actually managed to score at all was beyond me.)

Given that success maybe we, as a country, are now starting to produce the kind of players that will actually make it in the Premier League. Of course only time will tell, but at the moment we really don't have anything to compare these players to because we've not had this level of talent or success. As an example, Phil Foden (who won player of the tournament) has been told by Pep Guardiola that he would have played in the League Cup for Man City if he wasn't at the world cup.

Let's just let these players progress at their own pace without putting too much pressure on them. Inevitably some of these players will plateau, but others will make it. Hopefully enough of them will make it...

Back