• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't go. Listened on the radio.

Sounded like almost every other game this season.

We are now 9 points off of the play offs with those teams having a game in hand and worryingly just 5 points off of the bottom four.

Oldham could be a 6 pointer for the wrong reasons.

Very open game with plenty of chances for both sides, with us creating more. Great entertainment but frustrating not to come away with the win, at least we're creating plenty of chances! Surely we have to start taking some of them at some point... right? :sad:

Honestly I think we played fairly well against what looked like a decent Oxford side.

Happy with the performance today, we actually looked to play positive balls, created plenty of chances and I'm not convinced that Ranger header was offside. Blackburn aside that's probably the best we've looked this season. Finishing needs some work but if we keep creating chances like that then the goals will come. Ferdinand needs to be dropped though, Turner was my MotM since he was essentially having to do his job and also protect Anton. Was impressed with Timlin today as well, he still had a couple of wayward passes but he also played some great balls across the pitch.

As a side note Jack Payne looked a shadow of the player he was with us, he did a couple of nice things but I was expecting him to run riot with our slow centre backs. He seems to have lost the confidence to run at defenders and beat them. Maybe it was just an off day for him.

Happy with the performance today, we actually looked to play positive balls, created plenty of chances and I'm not convinced that Ranger header was offside. Blackburn aside that's probably the best we've looked this season. Finishing needs some work but if we keep creating chances like that then the goals will come. Ferdinand needs to be dropped though, Turner was my MotM since he was essentially having to do his job and also protect Anton. Was impressed with Timlin today as well, he still had a couple of wayward passes but he also played some great balls across the pitch.

As a side note Jack Payne looked a shadow of the player he was with us, he did a couple of nice things I was expecting him to run riot with our slow centre backs but he seems to have lost the confidence to run at defenders and beat them. Maybe it was just an off day for him.

It can't have been offside. McGlashan's cross was played backwards across the box backwards so Ranger was behind McGlashan for one and for two, you can only be offside from a forward pass. Can't really see why Turner's goal was ruled offside either as he poked the ball in from behind their player

It can't have been offside. McGlashan's cross was played backwards across the box backwards so Ranger was behind McGlashan for one and for two, you can only be offside from a forward pass. Can't really see why Turner's goal was ruled offside either as he poked the ball in from behind their player

I just said on BBC Essex about Rangers goal but forgot about Turners who yes seemed to come from behind their guy to poke it in so why offside,the west stand lino had a mare!:omg:

Exactly what I thought at the time, Rangers goal looked onside to me also. Not sure about the Turner one, but the lino on West touchline got a bit flag happy in the 2nd. Also not happy about the Timlin booking, as he clearly played the ball from my viewpoint.

Exactly what I thought at the time, Rangers goal looked onside to me also. Not sure about the Turner one, but the lino on West touchline got a bit flag happy in the 2nd. Also not happy about the Timlin booking, as he clearly played the ball from my viewpoint.

Timlin definitely played the ball but it was a tackle from behind and refs don't like that.

I think that was one of Timlin's best games at LB today, hardly put a foot wrong.

Ferdy on the other hand had a mare. One of the problems of playing Ferdy and Turner together is lack of pace. They are ok if the striker is standing right on them but as soon as the striker steps off a few yards, that's where the problems start. They will both win headers all day but a striker running at them or past them is a recipe for disaster as proven today with Oxfords goal. It won't take much for opposing managers to work out how to play the pair of them.

4 points dropped in 2 games after leading in both is poor. 9 points off the play off, 5 points off the relegation zone. Not looking great. Someone said on here a couple of months ago they guaranteed we would be in the play offs by now.....Not sure how much more Ron will take before giving Brown the chop

Ferdy's been poor most of the season and Oxfords goal was due to him caught out of position again .White needs to start next week and I'd give hom the captains armband too,should never had been taken off him!! Didn't think Kightly did a lot either,kept giving the ball away too often :sad:

Ferdinand was woeful this afternoon, he almost cost us another goal with a miss-kick in the 2nd half. Lost count of how many times Turner and Lenny covered for him. PB really needs to have a long think about his central defensive pairing, Turner and White for me.

Anyone know when Kyprianou will be back? Turner and Kyp would be interesting too.

This match could have been 5-5.

We should have absolutely won it. Today we played some lovely stuff at times but in the final third it just looks frantic and frenetic; we need some calm.

At the back, Turner was decent but not even as fast as Ferdinand, who had a mare. Their goal was almost a carbon copy of the MK Dons attack that led to their penalty and came as Anton was caught for pace by a ball over the top.

Oxley is as good a keeper as there is in this division I think. He wasn't tested today very much though.

Kightly is a massive disappointment I'm afraid.

We still look weak down our left but Timlin was better than he has been.

Lenny was superb.

Wright links play up well and hit the bar with a shot but missed what looked like a chance that would have been easier to score.

Demitriou had a decent match aside from one mad moment when he took a throw in straight to one of their players who broke and Oxford nearly scored as a result.

McLaughlin was ok, a bit lazy tracking back but otherwise decent and a great ball in for our goal.

Fortune and Cox do look our best pairing but there just do not seem to be anywhere enough goals between them.

When he came on, Ranger looked decent and had a goal ruled out for offside. Unlike DWB, I think the ball actually went forwards and he was in an offside position.

Ba made zero impression and kept getting in people's way and falling over his feet.

McGlashan gave us a different option to Kightly but still didn't manage to assist us getting the ball in the onion bag

Ratings -

Oxley 6

Demetriou - 8
Timlin - 7
Turner - 7
Ferdinand - 4

McLaughlin - 7
Leonard - 8.5 - MOM
Wright - 6
Kightly - 4

Fortune - 7
Cox - 8

Subs

Ranger - 7
Ba - 5
McGlashan - 7

Ref - 7

Last edited:
4 points dropped in 2 games, we really need to put our chances away as we had loads today

Ferdinand is absolute toilet, cant run and cant win a header now. It was embarrassing how much better Turner was than him, for the record I thought Turner was MOTM and the biggest difference with him and Anton is he doesn't let the ball bounce and he looks a genuine threat at set pieces too

It was pleasing that we kept Payne fairly quiet but that is a game we should really be coming away with all 3 points

Didn't agree with Ranger coming on, some discipline that was, 3 days?! Also shocked, but not surprised to hear boo's when he came on

Oxley 6

Demitrou 6
Turner 8
Ferdinand 0
Timlin 6

Kightly 4
Leonard 7
Wright 6
McLaughlin 5

Cox 8
Fortune 7

.... and for two, you can only be offside from a forward pass. ...

Not true.

The direction in which the ball travels is irrelevant.

What matters is the player's position relative to the ball at the time the ball is played.

Think the Kightly criticism is a bit harsh, yes he lost the ball more than most but that's because he was trying risky stuff to try and open up the defence, he put in quite a few good balls and got past defenders in advanced positions.

Since we beat Col u in the Checkatrade in which we kept a clean sheet too,we haven't won a match or kept a clean sheet! The Col u game White started with Turner but since White has wrongly been dropped and Ferdy has started with Turner,says it all I think!:winking:

Since we beat Col u in the Checkatrade in which we kept a clean sheet too,we haven't won a match or kept a clean sheet! The Col u game White started with Turner but since White has wrongly been dropped and Ferdy has started with Turner,says it all I think!:winking:

Col U were atrocious though.

Thought Cox was a right pain for Oxford today, turner looked good at the back, chances for both sides but think we shaded it and it's definitely two points dropped, both linesman were awful today, ref did OK and we need three points against Oldham on Saturday now as we are getting to close to the wrong end of the league.

Am I missing something or was I at the wrong game I thought wright was quality box to box constantly??

Back