• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Plow

Coach
[video=youtube;IaHuLHR7VtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaHuLHR7VtQ[/video]

Looks pretty awesome to be fair and who can not be captivated by the dulcet tones of our Ron.

I'm guessing Ron couldn't figure out how to edit two audio clips together and so read the whole thing in one go.

Yes indeed looks amazing please god let the council give it the green light this time and give us a stadium fit for the 21 century..

I, as I’m sure everyone else’s on this forum as well as e why blues fan out there.. am already proud of everything this football club stands for and for the work they do off the pitch etc. But my word, should this plan actually go ahead and we get to call that place home then I think we will all have even more reason to be proud.

Over a decade of plans, promises and now a video.....but still no building has even started.

Well done Superblue24 ...How to fk a fred up!

I don't like the sound of that:nope:

Turning this back into a positive, can those who haven't sent their letters of support for planning application No 17/00733/FULM to the council, please email charlottegalforg@southend.gov.uk with your comments and name and address. The council planning site is currently down so this is an option currently available.

Any comments must be focused on the planning aspects of the application. I'm no expert and you may wish to disagree but reference to the following should be considered and put into your own words.

Benefits the community
Creates Jobs
Provides much needed housing
Increased retail choice within the town.
Top class nationally recognised sporting opportunities for local residents
Additional quality hotel accommodation for expanding Southend Airport
Conferencing facilities for local and national businesses/organisations
Promotes Southend's image nationally.
Higher business rate revenues into council coffers
Low profile design
Will bring matchday revenue to businesses around the town
Etc etc

Up until recently there were only 191 positive comments registered with the council and 100 against. Pretty disappointing really when you consider we have nearly 4000 STH and regularly get 6-7000 punters through the doors at RH. We've got to give ourselves the best chance of getting this passed. Don't delay. It only takes a few minutes.

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU.

I did fire mine off a while back. I doubt the couple of hundred votes on there will sway any decision.

This actually looks better than the original plans. The outside looks really nice.

Still wont get excited until I see it being built and we know it will be completed and not 3 sides for years.

I did fire mine off a while back. I doubt the couple of hundred votes on there will sway any decision.

I'm sure you're right but we as fans should be giving 100% as we would expect of any of our players on the park. You can bet your bottom dollar all the negative numpties will be pushing their cause very hard.

We know that there are some concerns ie the effect on town centre retail, and traffic congestion at certain times, but on balance this is an application that will provide many benefits for the town.

Back