• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hobbies

MK Shrimper

Striker
Right, I need something to do to occupy my time, so I'm just gauging what people do outside of SUFC & SZ so they don't die of boredom on a cold winter's afternoon in January.....

1) Do that everyday cycing to work :winking:
2) Sound expensive.

Sailing isn't really expensive. I would imagine that at least one of the lakes around MK has a sailing club. It would be well worth your while having a chat with them.

It depends on your constraimts, I suppose. Do you have a lot of time to devote, do you want something that costs just a little?

Metal detecting, learn a language, learn to play bass. Just deas.

It depends on your constraimts, I suppose. Do you have a lot of time to devote, do you want something that costs just a little?

Metal detecting, learn a language, learn to play bass. Just deas.

After watching The Detectorists, I did think of the first. Tried to learn French, and tried to learn the guitar and failed miserably. :sad:

Learn to code (what I'm doing this year)
Set up a new business or charity (did both in last few years)
Home brewing. (I'm thinking gin)

Right, I need something to do to occupy my time, so I'm just gauging what people do outside of SUFC & SZ so they don't die of boredom on a cold winter's afternoon in January.....

Volunteer for a cause you find rewarding. It's good to give something back rather than taking.

as I said I'm starting with basics, what would you recommend?

HTML and CSS are technologies that describe how a Web page should be displayed.

They are not programming languages. If you are only concerned with Web technologies then learn Javascript as well and maybe move on to Angular/Node js.

If you want to learn to program and are not bothered about Web development then python is a good place to start.

Naps (or anyone)....I've got huge set of programming notes & examples for C# if you (or anyone) would like them.

Back