• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should of been a much bigger defeat against a truly poor Northampton Town team....

Please can someone explain what happened with the lead up to their penalty? I thought the lino had clearly flagged for the first foul, which was undoubtedly a foul, how did the ref then penalise the 2nd action instead?

Please can someone explain what happened with the lead up to their penalty? I thought the lino had clearly flagged for the first foul, which was undoubtedly a foul, how did the ref then penalise the 2nd action instead?

The ref played the advantage, before their player ran into Kyp.

The ref could have pulled back play and he hesitated for a bit before awarding the spot kick. Dreadful to give away, stemming from a mix up between Woody and Cokes

Last edited:
If there was no advantage then the ref should have taken the ball back to the first offence and given the free kick

Lol. I'd strongly suggest that their player getting fouled in the area was a significant advantage to Northampton.

Anyhow, that all looked very, very one sided. Did we have any chances other than the penalty which was just as dubious as their's.

Lol. I'd strongly suggest that their player getting fouled in the area was a significant advantage to Northampton.

Anyhow, that all looked very, very one sided. Did we have any chances other than the penalty which was just as dubious as their's.

Yes, Demi, Woody and Kightly all had shots on goal. Woody had two, one of which went out for a throw.

I can't get past the fact that the lino had flagged for a clear foul prior to the penalty.

It's really not very difficult. The lino flagged for a foul. The referee thought there was an advantage and played on, The penalty ensued.

Personally, from the footage, I thought both penalties were questionable and I very much hope that making his advantage look better played no part in his decision making for the second one.

Back