• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
in present circumstances its easy to just see the political spin on this piece but fair play to the young professionals featured -

Elvis, Harry K and Dru have all been introduced to league 1 football and all could probably go and earn a living from the game for the next ten years - and of course might go on and do really well - or not. It will be interesting to see Wabo at some point

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...cts-to-make-the-first-team-squad-this-season/

Demi getting a 3 year deal really doesn't send out the right message to Elvis who looks a good prospect

Demi getting a 3 year deal really doesn't send out the right message to Elvis who looks a good prospect

White isn't getting any younger, we can't just have one RB at the club otherwise if Elvis gets injured we're in trouble and players reaching the ends of their careers are usually more happy to be a backup than a young player who wants to put his name out there. If Elvis fulfills his potential then he'll become first choice at some point and Demi will be a good backup to him.

Demi is away a fair bit on internationals too, if Elvis does well in these gaps he knows he'll be pushing Demi for a place.

I read somewhere that Demetriou is tipped to move into coaching/management and so maybe his deal is tied to getting his badges and involvement with the post-playing side of football. Plus he's only 30 and in good shape - no reason why he can't continue to be a very decent L1 RB for another couple of seasons.

Has this ever happened under any other manager?

Agreed, a timely article but when future planning for the club surely developing our own youngsters that over time
will get increasing game time....I don’t think any youth expects to be first team regular in their break through season.

Everyone harps on about Peterborough...I’d rather develop our own.

I noticed that Josh Bexon was back from his loan period as he featured in the unders game yesterday, I would imagine that means he'll step up into the reserve keeper space now. Not sure he's ever got on the pitch though, unlike Bishop the other week.

I noticed that Josh Bexon was back from his loan period as he featured in the unders game yesterday, I would imagine that means he'll step up into the reserve keeper space now. Not sure he's ever got on the pitch though, unlike Bishop the other week.

Is he only back due to the winter break in Austria? They resume end of the month I believe.

Has this ever happened under any other manager?

Agreed, a timely article but when future planning for the club surely developing our own youngsters that over time
will get increasing game time....I don’t think any youth expects to be first team regular in their break through season.

Everyone harps on about Peterborough...I’d rather develop our own.
The way the loan market has changed, and browns decision to have a small squad mean comparisons with previous years don’t really stack up. I would guess that other clubs with similar injury issues ( is there anyone?) and a similar squad size have had more academy players come through than in previous years. Most of our players chances in league games were because we had no/limited choice.

The way the loan market has changed, and browns decision to have a small squad mean comparisons with previous years don’t really stack up. I would guess that other clubs with similar injury issues ( is there anyone?) and a similar squad size have had more academy players come through than in previous years. Most of our players chances in league games were because we had no/limited choice.

Pretty much the same always. Very rarely do players past or present get their break without a bit of luck (for them) on the injury front. This was a decision made to put our youth ahead of loans.

IF we survive this season which I think we will comfortably, then taking youth over loans has to be consider a good move?

Back