• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The NHS thread

It's cool. Now we've driven all of those Johnny Foreigner NHS staff out the country we can start building a truly British National Health Service better than anything ever before as we've got loads of trained British staff just sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the call.

It's cool. Now we've driven all of those Johnny Foreigner NHS staff out the country we can start building a truly British National Health Service better than anything ever before as we've got loads of trained British staff just sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the call.

Dream on.:nope:

Jeremy Hunt is just champing at the bit to privatise it. Of course it's underfunded and overstretched, it's a typical Tory tactic. It happened to the Railways.

Dream on.:nope:

9c9.gif

May tried to move Hunt out of his Health Secretary role but because of the complete cluster**** the reshufffle was, he's actually now ended up with a Health and Social Care role. Goodie!

I would have had more respect for May, if she had come out and told the world " **** 'em" they wont leave their post, so I will call a snap election

If the country back me then I choose who I want, and if you choose JC then I resign and they can fight amongst them selves to be leader
Completely dropped in the *****, and smug Cameroon and Gideon have got away with murder on the political front, from a staunch Labourman I feel for May, whilst the vultures are circling above her

UTS

I would have had more respect for May, if she had come out and told the world " **** 'em" they wont leave their post, so I will call a snap election

If the country back me then I choose who I want, and if you choose JC then I resign and they can fight amongst them selves to be leader
Completely dropped in the *****, and smug Cameroon and Gideon have got away with murder on the political front, from a staunch Labourman I feel for May, whilst the vultures are circling above her

UTS

Nobody made her take the job.

Best we start charging those that abuse the system, including ex pats who fly back when they need treatment.

Or we could refuse all but the most basic of treatment to all those people locked up for murder and rape :winking:
whilst it is sensible to get those from abroad who are not paying NI to pay for their treatment the reality is that it is a tiny amount of the cost the NHS and if we invested in the admin to make sure all of those funds were collected it would make no noticeable difference to NHS finance.

whilst it is sensible to get those from abroad who are not paying NI to pay for their treatment the reality is that it is a tiny amount of the cost the NHS and if we invested in the admin to make sure all of those funds were collected it would make no noticeable difference to NHS finance.

That is a total myth. They only include people they think have deliberately conned the system. Those that book a holiday and stay with family, then have a sudden heart problem are never included in those figures.

Anyway I'm more concerned with A&E 'regulars', such as the one featured on BBC news who had arrived by ambulance over 1,000.....Yes one thousand times. As you know lots of people have died whilst waiting for an ambulance.

We used to have the same time wasters call out the fire brigade until a £150 charge was introduced and it virtually ceased within 12 months.

Best we start charging those that abuse the system, including ex pats who fly back when they need treatment.

Or we could refuse all but the most basic of treatment to all those people locked up for murder and rape :winking:

Ha! I'm very happy with the free treatment that I receive from the Catalan health system (as a Type 2 diabetic) and reasonably happy with the subsidised dental treatment I pay for in France.Thanks.:smiles:

Last edited:
I was at a really interesting presentation given by an analyst at the NHS, the biggest issue is the infrastructure. The buildings are so old now and ideally should be sold and mega hospitals built in their place outside cities that can be run cheaper and be more efficient. The problem is that there's just no money there to even begin doing that.

And Branson can **** off the permagrinned ****. Doing his "I'm a man of the people" routine whilst going about his business hoovering up the NHS in the hope that he'll be flogging Virgin Healthcare at some point and everyone in the UK lapping it up because it's SMILEY DICKY BRANSON!!! HE FLEW THAT HOT AIR BALLOON AND PUT OUT TUBULAR BELLS, HE'S ONE OF US DON'T YA KNOW! ****.

Ha! I'm very happy with the free treatment that I receive in the Catalan health system (as a Typye 2 diabetic) and reasonably happy with the subsidised dental treatment I pay for in France.Thanks.

Health treatment is never free. Someone has to pay

Our NHS has turned into one big free bar at a wedding. Sadly people abuse it and we even have some gate crashers. It would seem some people selfishly expect the brides father to dip his hands deeper into his own pockets, rather than curb their own greed and stop ordering doubles whilst leaving full pints sitting on the table.

Health treatment is never free. Someone has to pay

Our NHS has turned into one big free bar at a wedding. Sadly people abuse it and we even have some gate crashers. It would seem some people selfishly expect the brides father to dip his hands deeper into his own pockets, rather than curb their own greed and stop ordering doubles whilst leaving full pints sitting on the table.

Like most people, I've paid into the NHS (and the Catalan health system) for years,via my NICS,on the basis that it would be free at the point of use, whenever I needed it.

Long may both systems continue to be free at the point of use.

(Incidentally, you never hear anybody complain here of all those Brits etc (mostly down in Andalucia) who -as they get older-are making increasing demands on the Spanish health system.Funny that).

Like most people, I've paid into the NHS (and the Catalan health system) for years,via my NICS,on the basis that it would be free at the point of use, whenever I needed it.

Long may both systems continue to be free at the point of use.

(Incidentally, you never hear anybody complain here of all those Brits etc (mostly down in Andalucia) who -as they get older-are making increasing demands on the Spanish health system.Funny that).

That's because Spain would be a bankrupt third world country if the Brits etc had not been selling up and spending their life savings and pensions on cheaply built property and gin and tonic.

Telling the world health should be free won't solve anything......So who would you charge and why ?

That's because Spain would be a bankrupt third world country if the Brits etc had not been selling up and spending their life savings and pensions on cheaply built property and gin and tonic.

Telling the world health should be free won't solve anything......So who would you charge and why ?

I would agree that the NHS needs increased funding.That's why I agree with the idea expressed at PMQ's today, by a Tory MP, for a Royal Commission to be set up on the NHS.

I would agree that the NHS needs increased funding.That's why I agree with the idea expressed at PMQ's today, by a Tory MP, for a Royal Commission to be set up on the NHS.

Forget trying to answer like Nick Clegg, this is a football forum. What would you personally suggest we do to raise/charge money fro the NHS.

Back