• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think we will get done 2-0 . That French midfielder they signed from PA will totally boss the game for Fleetwood !

Who is going to be the central midfield pairing, my guess with Lenny gone an Wordy injured, only leaves Timlin and Yearwood

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand White Coker
Kightly Timlin Yearwood McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Kightly in the centre and we've had it tomorrow

Brown has said that he will be going for experience in his selection for tomorrow's game. He also said he is considering positional changes for one or two players. This probably means that Ferdinand and White will play and possibly Demetriou playing in a midfield role. He says he won't start with Wabo. Looks as if we are going to rely on the usual Dad's Army to get a result.

To me that means:

Oxley
White Ferdinand Turner Coker
Kightly Demetriou Timlin McLoughlin
Cox Fortune

A lot of experience, not a lot of pace and fingers crossed for a 1-0 win.

------------------Oxley---------------
-------Turner--ferdinand--white-----
Demi----Yearwood---Tims-----Coker
--------Wabo----Cox----Macca------

Would like to see Wabo start , as good chance of scoring as any of our other strikers atm. And Maccas got to be in there for me, must be our top assist player(?)

Who is going to be the central midfield pairing, my guess with Lenny gone an Wordy injured, only leaves Timlin and Yearwood

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand White Coker
Kightly Timlin Yearwood McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Kightly in the centre and we've had it tomorrow
Kightly has played in the centre this season so maybe an option we will find out tomorrow..

-------------------Oxley-----------------------
Demetriou-----Ferdinand------Turner------Coker
--------------------White---------------------
----------Kightly------------Timlin-------------
-------------------McLaughlin-----------------
-----------Cox--------------Fortune-----------

subs Bishop, Kyprianou, Hendrie, Yearwood, McGlashan, Ba, Wabo.

I think JW can play the anchor role in a midfield diamond to provide defensive cover. SM to play behind the strikers in a free role with the younger ones on the bench for fresh legs later. Optimstic for a 2-0 win in front of 6500, scorers Fortune & McLaughlin, UTB

Think we will win 5-0 and the Roots Hall faithful will get a new big crush on a redemptive Phil Brown and his expansive soccer style. Into the sunset and out of the relegation zone. It will be glorious.

A respite from the teams at the top and the teams at the bottom Fleetwood only have 2 more points than us - so a nice comfortable home win against a mid table side who have also struggled after last season. But ..... games against Fleetwood -there have been 6 draws in 9 games, have always been close apart from our win up there in September as Ranger and Wordsworth were reunited and everything was clicking into place.

We shouldn't have anything to worry about then should we especially as they've only won 4 of their last 20 League games after winning 4 of their first 6. They've done OK in the cups though.

But since the transfer window opened we have lost 3 and they have signed Paddy Madden, regular thorn in our side, Toumani Diagouraga , turned Plymouth's season round since October and a lad from Everton Gethin Jones who played 17 games on loan to Barnsley last season in the Championship. So could be a lot stronger.

A small club funded by their owner -, a bit like Rushden and Diamonds whatever happened to them, -he reckons he wants them to be self sustaining ha ha. They may have to sell Devante Cole to balance the books. There other danger men are Jordy Hiwula-Mayifuila on loan from Huddersfield, Ashley Hunter the super sub and of course our man Cain Bolger.

Who plays for us? Might White -should be, and or Ferdinand- probably not, be fit? Might we have actually signed some one or more- please god?

He'll stick with experience
Oxley, Demetriou, Turner, White, Coker; Kightly, Timlin or new guy, Wordsworth, McLaughlin; Cox, Fortune.

I'd like to see him go young again to get some energy in there but I doubt he will.

So what will happen- if we go a goal down we wont win. I think they will go for the win and it will be 2-0 to them.

Oh and there's no trains between Shenfield and Southend Victoria on Saturday - so a change of route for me.

He’s a very Abel player that lad...

You and 6,199 others as well....UTB......always....:thumbsup:

Don't be fooled. Kids for a quid has added quite a few. That said. Given what's being served up and the fact we are playing Fleetwood anything over 6k is decent, but way short of last season's average of 7500 odd

Bolger, who is going to stop him scoring from a set piece... I can’t think of anyone.

Hopefully it will be Turner.

Fleetwood use Bolger very effectively. They like to create as much room as possible by loading their players on one side of the box and delivering the ball to the other side to Bolger. He then has room to attack the ball and head it back across the 6 yard area to the rest of this team who, rather than waiting to see if it is worth following up on, have already made good attacking runs... The other plus point is it takes the pressure off the kicker as he has a lot bigger area to aim for rather than our crowded 'bus queue'

Difficult to defend against, as we witnessed for their late equaliser up at Fleetwood. Should be a good battle today.

Last edited:
Don't be fooled. Kids for a quid has added quite a few. That said. Given what's being served up and the fact we are playing Fleetwood anything over 6k is decent, but way short of last season's average of 7500 odd

So apart from hoping we lose so you can boo the players, hoping the manager gets the sack and hoping for a small and toxic crowd......Is there anything you might actually enjoy in some slight way today ?

So apart from hoping we lose so you can boo the players, hoping the manager gets the sack and hoping for a small and toxic crowd......Is there anything you might actually enjoy in some slight way today ?

Yeah, for you to stop manipulating other people's posts!

Hopefully it will be Turner.

Fleetwood use Bolger very effectively. They like to create as much room as possible for by loading their players on one side of the box and delivering the ball to the other side. Bolger then has room to attack the ball and head it back across the 6 yard area to the rest of this team who, rather than waiting to see if it is worth following up on, Have already made good attacking runs... The other plus point is it takes the pressure off the kicker as he has a lot bigger area to aim for rather than our crowded 'bus queue'

Difficult to defend against, as we witnessed for their late equaliser up at Fleetwood. Should be a good battle today.

I saw the TV game with him, a big loss for us, he was getting better all the time. I don’t know what went on with him and Brown.

Back