• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
I have been very impressed the fitness and strength of some League One teams - Wimbledon, shrewsbury etc.

I think our players give pretty much all they have got but how much have they got ?

Oxley 100%
Ferdinand - 40 %
Turner 60 % -
Kightly 80 %
John White 85%
Coker 80% - 2nd match after broken leg
Timlin 70% - old and lacks height and muscle
Demetriou - 85% (old)
Cox 80% (old)
Macca 95%
Mcglashan 90%

I have been very impressed the fitness and strength of some League One teams - Wimbledon, shrewsbury etc.

I think our players give pretty much all they have got but how much have they got ?

Oxley 100%
Ferdinand - 40 %
Turner 60 % -
Kightly 80 %
John White 85%
Coker 80% - 2nd match after broken leg
Timlin 70% - old and lacks height and muscle
Demetriou - 85% (old)
Cox 80% (old)
Macca 95%
Mcglashan 90%

Demi "old"? Bit harsh! I'd also question Oxley's 100%, he's been carrying injuries recently.

If Demi is old then what are Ferdinand and Turner? Dinosaurs?

Turner, Ferdinand, Kightly, Cox and Fortune all look shot to pieces to me....squad is too old and our **** pitch does not help....especially with injuries. Ron should spend some of the Lenny money getting a new pitch lifted in

Though I am sure, some are unfit or past it, I suspect it is easy to confuse poor fitness with lacklustre effort.

my point was this is why we keep getting beaten by ordinary and average teams

Not enough players so that we can rotate and rest people during busy periods. Could be one thing. Didn't Ledley King only have the ability to play 1 game a week during the latter part of his career? He could never play SAT-TUE-SAT. Maybe Ferdinand is at that point?

Not enough players so that we can rotate and rest people during busy periods. Could be one thing. Didn't Ledley King only have the ability to play 1 game a week during the latter part of his career? He could never play SAT-TUE-SAT. Maybe Ferdinand is at that point?

No, past that point I'd say. SAT-SAT seems a problem; actually SAT seems a problem.

The players on Saturday just looked like they didn't want to make a mistake, and so played the safe option .
Cox chose a pass instead of a shot, then a lay off instead of a snap turn and shot , no one looked to try anything .

Young Norm was the only one not frightened , because he had nothing to lose

Back