• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am still not sure on where a lot of the players were playing on Saturday, and it increasingly looks like they're complete strangers to each other which is perhaps unsurprising given the sheer number of changes we make every week, enforced or otherwise.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wasn't sure to start off with and after Turner went off and Hendrie came on, I spent the rest of the game trying to fathom what formation we were playing. I'm not sure the players knew themselves! We seemed to have three players playing on the left wing. Kyprianou is obviously the latest player in Brown's bad books as he would've been the obvious replacement for Turner.

What do we need to do? Sack Brown - simple. I can't see any other way forward at the moment.

There is that shining ambition our fans are so famous for again! It is ok, we get relegated every third season, so we should just all keep our mouths shut and go down with a whimper.

Never said shut up or go down with a whimper....But how often does something have to happen before people will look at History and see acknowledge reality .
Ambition is one thing, blind ambition with no regard to reality is something completely different.

What we need to do is get used to the idea that this season is going the same way as every Third season in this division has for the past 40 years .

We have never stayed in this division for longer than 4 seasons since we were first relegated from it.

This is what our club is ....

Strictly true, but we did stay at this level or above for 8 consecutive seasons.

I am not sure if Ron will sack Tango but if he is going to do it, this is the week.
The New Manager would have time to bring new players in before the end of the transfer window. (Micky Adams)
Although he can still sign out of contract players after that.
The fans need to get behind the team and not say I am not going till we get a New Manager. How does that help!!!.
I will proably go to Rochdale but not been to a lot of away games for the last couple seasons.
I do think given what has happened in the past the Roots Hall faithfull have not vented there anger at the current Manager as have at others in the past. At Home Games this year. Davewebbsbrain excepted.
However our level is mid table in this divison, so we need to realise how big we really are.
Tango does need to play a settled side and formation. Its backs to the wall time and with our pitch as Rigsby says.
I don't like it but route one football but Please not with Cox as target man. Our pitch means this type of football is the only way. Two wingers does not work in this situation. Ferdinand is not fit enough.
Who is prepared to get stuck in. Play Fortune an Cox up front. With only one winger. Only use Jermaine as a inpact sub.
High Priority a battling midfielder to help Timlin, ARE some of the other midfielders up for the fight ahead.
Back four can only be Demi Turner Kiernan (when fit) Coker. John White to deputise when others not fit. Then if two defenders are not fit, bring Harry off his naughty stool.
Lastly Send Tango on some Man Management classes on how too motivate his team and get them playing for Southend United.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wasn't sure to start off with and after Turner went off and Hendrie came on, I spent the rest of the game trying to fathom what formation we were playing. I'm not sure the players knew themselves! We seemed to have three players playing on the left wing. Kyprianou is obviously the latest player in Brown's bad books as he would've been the obvious replacement for Turner.

What do we need to do? Sack Brown - simple. I can't see any other way forward at the moment.

Not the case - I've heard that both he and Yearwood's confidence is shot to pieces after last weeks post match comments.

Not the case - I've heard that both he and Yearwood's confidence is shot to pieces after last weeks post match comments.

That's what I meant, sorry. After Northampton he criticised the younger players, this week it was the senior pros. It's ridiculous.

My source at the match says he scared the living daylights out of Yearwood by constantly bawling at him throughout the time he was on the pitch. Criticising youngsters in public is hardly the way to bring them on.

No, and it was the same at his previous club Hull. He signed a lot of players but hardly any of them were sold on for a profit.

By hardly any of them, I think you actually mean as many points as we've picked up from the last 4 matches.

None.

What we need to do is get used to the idea that this season is going the same way as every Third season in this division has for the past 40 years .

We have never stayed in this division for longer than 4 seasons since we were first relegated from it.

This is what our club is ....

this is what our club WAS .....

I hope there will be new generations of supporters with a bit more ambition and higher level of expectation..

this is what our club WAS .....

I hope there will be new generations of supporters with a bit more ambition and higher level of expectation..

There may well be in the future, but unrealistic expectations leads to disappointment, and we can all see on here what disappointed fans look like.

Realistic expectations leave one feeling a lot calmer.

League 2 here we come. We are dropping like a stone. Powder puff Southend Utd, thats how we look. Far cry from the excited expectations last August. Only one thing can turn it around... a goalscorer.

I think the issue at the moment is just not having the players to play the style PB wants to play.

It really isn't rocket science than Cox is going to struggle up top on his own, with long balls being the only service into him. It's just basic tactical stuff like that, that makes players not want to play for the manager.

I think the issue at the moment is just not having the players to play the style PB wants to play.

It really isn't rocket science than Cox is going to struggle up top on his own, with long balls being the only service into him. It's just basic tactical stuff like that, that makes players not want to play for the manager.

So he needs to learn to be flexible then. His style of play is turgid and boring anyway, but if he doesn't have the players to "fit his style" then he needs to fit the style to the players that he has got. Put round pegs in round holes and play to the strengths of your players rather than persisting with a style and set-up that clearly doesn't work and/or focusing too much on combating the opposition's perceived threats.

It ain't rocket science.

If PB is staying then I hope he will start Wabo alongside MAF or Cox with McGlashan used as an impact sub. Yearwood was poor at Northampton and I don't recall Brown singling him out for criticism - I was quite close to him and heard his guttural barking throughout the match aimed at all our players.

Back