• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I have read various threads and posts regarding "get rid of this one" , "he is over the hill", "too old" or "not good enough"

I feel it is time to get behind ALL the players from now on and raise the mood ----- let our new bossman decide who stays and who goes.

I am sure if we support all the players, whether they are personally liked or not, for the whole 90 minutes the atmosphere will be much better and results will improve.

All it needs are some signings to reinforce the Chairman's and Manager's comments and hopefully we will be fine.

TBV please bang the drum from before the game to after full time.

We can do this.

Its a good time for blind optimism. Got to stop the rot and start winning games. Cant wait for Saturday now. Lets get behind the team.

Some of us have been saying this for the last few weeks anyway. Roots Hall should be rocking Saturday.

Do we expect a bigger crowd Saturday to welcome back Chris Powell?

I know a few who had refused to attend another game under brown, so there’s a few extra!

Always got behind the team, never got into the armchair supporters or posters that attend the games and want players out, after 6 games

Whether it was Dick Bate, Bobby Moore, Peter Taylor, Alan Little, Steve Tilson, Phil Brown or Chris Powell, the players and management will get my 100 percent vocal support

UTS

Always got behind the team, never got into the armchair supporters or posters that attend the games and want players out, after 6 games

Whether it was Dick Bate, Bobby Moore, Peter Taylor, Alan Little, Steve Tilson, Phil Brown or Chris Powell, the players and management will get my 100 percent vocal support

UTS

What about a mention for Chipmonk, Burly Rob, Wignall and Ronnie Whelnan! God we have watched some dross but still go after 50 years so I suppose that says something?:sad:

I'm in the West W block, but the atmosphere has been in steady decline for some time.

It was difficult to be vocally supportive to a side who looked disinterested and going through the motions.

The hope now is that the team will at the very least be giving 100% in every game.

I will get behind that, win, lose or draw.

I always said it wasn't about results it was the manner of defeat and body language that I couldn't take.

I'm genuinely looking forward to football Saturday and haven't said that in months.

Do we expect a bigger crowd Saturday to welcome back Chris Powell?

I know a few who had refused to attend another game under brown, so there’s a few extra!

Maybe a slight increase. Can't imagine 10k piling in.

We arent all going as wife and daughter have other plans, but Im taking my son, so thats 2 less. As its just two of us going to go into the East stand rather than the family enclosure, his first time there and my first game back in there in about 5 years I think. Thought Id use the occasion to give him a different viewpoint of the ground.

Yeah. We may nudge 7k. The pompey home game will be out best gate this season. They will sell out the away end and id expect 10k in for that one.

Agreed, I'm hoping the Pompey game will be a good atmosphere. I'm taking my little cousin for the first time. (He has never been to any football game before) and the only place to go is Roots Hall of course.

We arent all going as wife and daughter have other plans, but Im taking my son, so thats 2 less. As its just two of us going to go into the East stand rather than the family enclosure, his first time there and my first game back in there in about 5 years I think. Thought Id use the occasion to give him a different viewpoint of the ground.

Hopefully he and you will enjoy it and it will be much less negative* than of late..................

(* mostly all justified...... )

I have read various threads and posts regarding "get rid of this one" , "he is over the hill", "too old" or "not good enough"

I feel it is time to get behind ALL the players from now on and raise the mood ----- let our new bossman decide who stays and who goes.

I am sure if we support all the players, whether they are personally liked or not, for the whole 90 minutes the atmosphere will be much better and results will improve.

All it needs are some signings to reinforce the Chairman's and Manager's comments and hopefully we will be fine.

TBV please bang the drum from before the game to after full time.

We can do this.

Are you going :winking:

It was difficult to be vocally supportive to a side who looked disinterested and going through the motions.

My thoughts exactly. That second goal against Fleetwood, seeing certain players literally make no effort and not even run made me lose my mind! Watching the highlights you see even further how criminal certain players behaviour was. Hopefully we have seen the end of that but the least we should expect is players putting in the effort.

I'm in the West W block, but the atmosphere has been in steady decline for some time.

The hope now is that the team will at the very least be giving 100% in every game.

I will get behind that, win, lose or draw.

I always said it wasn't about results it was the manner of defeat and body language that I couldn't take.

I'm genuinely looking forward to football Saturday and haven't said that in months.
Easy for some who cant get to RH to say get behind the team, much more difficult for those that dish out for season tickets, then watch some players stroll around with no interest. Think CP will quickly out players if he sees any of that.

Graham Alexander said:
ON PLAYING AT ROOTS HALL…"I’ve played there a number of times, I’ve managed there and it’s a tough place to go. It’s a tight ground and the crowd are very vociferous behind their team."

He has not heard anything yet, just wait until Saturday and we all Wiggle it!

Back