• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
I was so impressed with the post 50 years ago today about Billy Best ,and mentioned in a thread about how the Kop always got behind Liverpool when they were down with their song YOUR NEVER WALK ALONE.That it came to me from the title of the thread that just maybe we have our own Sergeant Pepper in Chris Powell and we could adapt that song to be the club song when things are down. Now im hopeless at putting the right words but maybe someone maybe able too , SCP as told the players he wants them to enjoy and play football cant say it was 50 years ago today SCP TOLD THE PLAYERS TO PLAY ,We need a song to inspire the team when they are down ,too let them know you the supporters are behind them and feel their pain also. Can SCP be our Sergeant Pepper?

Fairly sure this thread comes around once every 6 months, people throw out various suggestions and then on we go without a “club song”.

The best suggestion I ever heard was Bridge over Troubled Water. Never take off though

As we like to promote ourselves as a family orientated, friendly seaside club and we know our fans enjoy a joining up and dancing in a line, especially when losing away, I've always thought Sunshine Day by Osibisa would make a great club song. It's catchy, repettitive and is great to sing a long and dance to. Inspirational and promotes just the image we want

I think you'll find it's "You'll never walk alone" - not "Your never walk alone". :facepalm:

What about the theme tune to "Neighbours"?

It would be slightly less cringeworthy/awks than some of the suggestions above....

I was so impressed with the post 50 years ago today about Billy Best ,and mentioned in a thread about how the Kop always got behind Liverpool when they were down with their song YOUR NEVER WALK ALONE.That it came to me from the title of the thread that just maybe we have our own Sergeant Pepper in Chris Powell and we could adapt that song to be the club song when things are down. Now im hopeless at putting the right words but maybe someone maybe able too , SCP as told the players he wants them to enjoy and play football cant say it was 50 years ago today SCP TOLD THE PLAYERS TO PLAY ,We need a song to inspire the team when they are down ,too let them know you the supporters are behind them and feel their pain also. Can SCP be our Sergeant Pepper?

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Oi
I sang on the Northampton song, it's fab :smile:

I lived there for 10 years (work) and went to sixfields a lot. Whilst working at home one day on the local radio station they put a call out for people to attend the stadium to sing the "fields of green" song and as I was free I went along and sang with my london accent!

We got a tour of the stadium and a free copy of the CD too

Moved south eventually back to my roots and discovered SUFC and have been hooked ever since.

If we ever get a club song it would be a good thing to do maybe as a farewell to roots hall just before we move into our new stadium :winking:

Oi

I lived there for 10 years (work) and went to sixfields a lot. Whilst working at home one day on the local radio station they put a call out for people to attend the stadium to sing the "fields of green" song and as I was free I went along and sang with my london accent!

Moved south eventually back to my roots and discovered SUFC and have been hooked ever since.

If we ever get a club song it would be a good thing to do maybe as a farewell to roots hall just before we move into our new stadium :winking:

'Green, green grass of home' ?

Oi

Good idea Microbe !!! So we've probably got around 10 years til we need to get it done by !!! :winking:

I'm prepared to get shot down in flames but knowing Sir Chris Powell is a bit of a soul boy from the 80's , how about we take the Odyssey hit ( or the FPI Project hit a decade later ) Zippin' Up my Boots

I'm Zippin' up my boots
Goin' back to my Roots , Hall

To the place of my birth
Back down to earth

Chris Powell is in charge
We're havin' it large

Up front we've got Coxy
You'll never beat Mark Oxley

We all love Southend
We're here til the end

:happy::happy::happy:

Oi

I Like that idea of songs for the New stadium...... My entry is..... The Twelfth of never. :winking:

surely our club song is "you are my Southend" to the tune of you are my sunshine....we've sung it for years

Hmm us and quite a few other clubs.

Anyway we have the remixed 'stand up for Southend' thing that they play sometimes :stunned:

Back in the early 70s there must of been a dozen or so songs that The North Bank used to sing .

Back