• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
So I was having a chat with someone the other day and he mentioned the name of a player I had completely forgotten about... someone who pulled on a blue shirt yet and was actually pretty well known but was so anonymous and made such little impact for us that I had completely forgotten about them.

That player was Christian Dailly.

That's got me to thinking... what other players fit that bill? It might sound strange to say "Name a player you've forgotten" but someone might may come up with a name that absolutely falls into that criteria.

It won't be someone who was absolutely appalling as they made an impact - albeit a negative one - so come on, get those thinking caps on.

Over to you, Zoners.

Julian Bennett. Very brief career with us before going over the barrier into the North Bank in a cup game, never to be seen again

John Spicer. Clubs actually spent money to sign him and he scored a penalty in a shootout for Arsenal in the league cup.

But I think most people would remember him as he was such a high profile signing. Hand on heart, how many people remember Christian Dailly playing for us?
I remember Christian Dailly but agree with your point about Ricketts, can't imagine anyone has forgotten when we signed him, and how it turned out.

Jemal Johnson. I actually remember being quite excited when we signed him. Had a good YouTube highlights reel if I remember correctly.

Mmm.. the name of a player I've forgotten ? But when I remember it won't be someone I forgot ? :winking:

Good topic and Dailly is a great example.

Adam Wallace
Paul Read
Craig Reid
Jake Cassidy
Nathaniel Jarvis
Eric Odhiambo
Tom McDonald
Robert Codner
Mark Patterson
Ron Henry
Danny Maye
Brett Darby
Scott Vernon
Scott Spencer
Andy Petterson

Some names that you'd have completely forgotten until mentioned and a couple so obscure you probably had to google.

Back