• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Century United

Firewalking for HD
PB was on Fighting Talk today, and at the end Colin Murray expressed his disappointment that PB hadn't reached the final because if he had his Defend the Indefensible subject would have been:

Even though Chris Powell has got off to a storming start at Southend with 4 wins and a draw in his first five matches, he's still only half the manager that I am*

:smile::smile:

*I paraphrase

PB was on Fighting Talk today, and at the end Colin Murray expressed his disappointment that PB hadn't reached the final because if he had his Defend the Indefensible subject would have been:

Even though Chris Powell has got off to a storming start at Southend with 4 wins and a draw in his first five matches, he's still only half the manager that I am*

:smile::smile:

*I paraphrase

What was PB's response?!

Last edited:
I would like to think he would something on the lines off " In hindsight RM was correct in dismissing me,as its quite apparent i had lost the confidence of the players." "Which might i add happens often in management when you have been there for a while," Also i would like to wish SCP and his staff every success with the club,after all i do own shares in the club so success for them is also good for me"

I would like to think he would something on the lines off " In hindsight RM was correct in dismissing me,as its quite apparent i had lost the confidence of the players." "Which might i add happens often in management when you have been there for a while," Also i would like to wish SCP and his staff every success with the club,after all i do own shares in the club so success for them is also good for me"

I don't think you quite "get" Defend the Indefensible..... Or indeed, Phil Brown :smile:

All this pathetic PB Bashing, long after he has left us!!.....Sometimes, I think that some posters on here have it in for one of greatest managers in club history! :winking:

Now there's some fighting talk! :smile:

Not to mention defend the undefensible.

I have to agree mattitouk, his time at the helm may have finished bad but his record speaks for iyself, a promotion ,a trip to Wembley and up until this season progression in every season he managed us , bought in some very good talentalbeit some were aged but clearly still very capable.Hopefully all this PB bashing will stop and some time further down the track people will begin to realise how well he did here .

Back