• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

£24 to watch one upfront who is neither pacey or strong enough to hold the ball up.

Blimey Ricey..

Looking at those home V away stats, i think (hope) a home win against Mk Dons and a home point against Bristol Rovers will be the last points of the season for us, I certainly don't fancy our chances on the road against Bradford or even a re-energised Oldham.

Thankfully, it should be enough though.

The away from is in their heads. There is no other logical conclusion. You don't get to fifth in the table for home form, and second bottom away on formation and 'negative' tactics.

The away from is in their heads. There is no other logical conclusion. You don't get to fifth in the table for home form, and second bottom away on formation and 'negative' tactics.

It's not in their heads, it's basically just another p1ss poor performance from the team and terrible tactics from the manager. It's as simple as that. Lessons need to be learned by all, in order to succeed, and thats what we all want ultimately.

It's not as if either the manager (past or present) or even the players want to set off on an away day to plan to lose to the opposition and let down the travelling fans.

Worth giving Emile Aquah a run in a few of these games? Scoring for fun in the yoofies, cannot possibly do any worse!

Very True OBL.

It's not as if Harrison and Poodle have set the footballing world alight.

Must admit, I thought the criticism of Powell might have started in August, but clearly I was wrong.

Yes, we were poor but it was a dead rubber for us. Really no need to get your knickers in such a twist folks.

Great noise from the travelling faithful - even with not much to sing about.

Staggered that people are so critical of Powell already. Yes again today was poor but we did have chances. For me he is trying things, trying different players out which for me is the right thing to do. Its frustrating for us that travel, but thats football. Lets see where we are in August, September, October next season. Have a feeling the squad will look much different to the current lot

Personally I don't think people on here are critical about Powell.

This is a post match thread, I read it as the posters are more critical of the team performance on the day (and yes, to an extent, the way the manager set up the team).. but in no way do i read these posts as a "Powell Out" comment.

We lost, and were dominated from kick off. I think the the general opinion is, we got well beaten, but should have put in more of a fight regardless of the result.....That's the way I see it anyway.

I'm not convinced CP managerial credentials stack up in the dogfight of league 1 or maybe 2. We had the new manager bounce, but for the most part it's no different from when PB was running the show, lack of team setup and poor player commitment.

CP, a good man, a nice guy, a great player for us, is he a good manager?

Personally I don't think people on here are critical about Powell.

This is a post match thread, I read it as the posters are more critical of the team performance on the day (and yes, to an extent, the way the manager set up the team).. but in no way do i read these posts as a "Powell Out" comment.

We lost, and were dominated from kick off. I think the the general opinion is, we got well beaten, but should have put in more of a fight regardless of the result.....That's the way I see it anyway.

I'd say those top two posts are.

I agree on the match generally - Oxford had it far too easy today. We got a lifeline with that effort of theirs that was cleared off (behind?) the line and then let them score 30 seconds later. Disappointing.

Granted Uncle Leo, you can read it two of one ways etc...

Personally, I didn't read all 30+ posts,...however I don't see any real malicious comments in there. (as for your quote from Jones the shrimp)...

I think it's an honest assessment.. Powell is a good bloke, a great player etc... A good manager?... Only time will tell after all. We felt the same way about Tilly back in the day, when he managed us & he did alright over all.

As for Blue Goose, well then only stats will tell, whether Brown is getting better results than Powell.

Anyway, after all, we are not in a true real dogfight (neither promotion or relegation), he probably (hopefully) is brain scrambled about who leaves and who stays for next season....I could give you my opinion on that, but i will save that for another thread.

It's not in their heads, it's basically just another p1ss poor performance from the team and terrible tactics from the manager. It's as simple as that. Lessons need to be learned by all, in order to succeed, and thats what we all want ultimately.

It's not as if either the manager (past or present) or even the players want to set off on an away day to plan to lose to the opposition and let down the travelling fans.

Those PP performances are nearly all away. Why's that? The home form is half decent, and it's the same players producing both. Please don't tell me it's down to 'tactics'.

Since Christmas, we've scored 3 goals away from home and 2 of them were penalties and the other one was arguably an own goal!

What larks! :blush:

Since Christmas, we've scored 3 goals away from home and 2 of them were penalties and the other one was arguably an own goal!

The one before that, at Scunthorpe, took a whopping deflection as well.

We haven't scored a goal away from home in the second half since Fleetwood on 23rd September. And that was against ten men.

Yeah I'm struggling to think of a worse run since I have been going to away matches in the early 80's.

Well in a perverse sort of way these performances must be helping CP a lot.Surely must be making decsions on who to keep a lot easier. I would expect the squad to be very different by the start of next season. I still feel we need another positive result to guarantee safety. Hopefully that may come Saturday.

15 goals away all season including 7 in 2 games at Fleetwood and Gillingham.

So that leaves 8 goals in 19 games.

I really do feel for all those that travel regularly away, especially chucking in two last minute postponements as well.

The club should honour those that have been to the majority of the away games this season.

Back