• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley didn't exactly cover himself in glory for the second...it went straight through him

I'm not convinced that second goal is offside, the striker accelerates quickly but I think he's level with the defender whose legs you can see at the top of the screen when the pass is made. It's nowhere near as blatant as people were claiming in the match thread at the very least.

Screenshot_20180414-214502.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180414-214229.jpg
    Screenshot_20180414-214229.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 216
I'm not convinced that second goal is offside, the striker accelerates quickly but I think he's level with the defender whose legs you can see at the top of the screen when the pass is made. It's nowhere near as blatant as people were claiming in the match thread at the very least.

I think it was a close call (I thought it was offside) but the lino was in no position to call it as she was a fair way behind play.

Last edited:
Looked offside at the time, hard to say for sure? Lino wasn’t keeping up with play and was 10 yards behind the last man so was unable to make a call. This is not a criticism due to her being female, the referee was equally inept yesterday. Some of the sexist comments I overheard were uncalled for, I did feel a tad sorry for her.

Bottom line for both goals is they were both down to keystone cops defending. Oxley should have also kept both out.

We can moan all we like, we got what we deserved as we don’t help ourselves!

Looked offside at the time, hard to say for sure? Lino wasn’t keeping up with play and was 10 yards behind the last man so was unable to make a call. This is not a criticism due to her being female, the referee was equally inept yesterday. Some of the sexist comments I overheard were uncalled for, I did feel a tad sorry for her.

Bottom line for both goals is they were both down to keystone cops defending. Oxley should have also kept both out.

We can moan all we like, we got what we deserved as we don’t help ourselves!

How can you blame Oxley for the first goal. That was a catalogue of defensive errors. Not just allowing the player to turn and run through Kightly and Timlin. Captain Coker didn't clear it on his left foot and left it for someone else, as he doesn't like to spoil his pass completion stats but even as the ball came over to him it would have been off-side if John White, not for the first time, had reacted quicker and stepped up with the rest of his defence.

How can you blame Oxley for the first goal. That was a catalogue of defensive errors. Not just allowing the player to turn and run through Kightly and Timlin. Captain Coker didn't clear it on his left foot and left it for someone else, as he doesn't like to spoil his pass completion stats but even as the ball came over to him it would have been off-side if John White, not for the first time, had reacted quicker and stepped up with the rest of his defence.

What was Timlin doing for the second goal as well? He was walking in the penalty area switched off, then reacted after the horse had bolted. Seen better on the Football on 5 show.

Never said Oxley totally to blame for the 1st, but the keystone cop defending previously mentioned left him a bit flat footed, maybe I’m being harsh but thought he could have blocked the shot...

What was Timlin doing for the second goal as well? He was walking in the penalty area switched off, then reacted after the horse had bolted. Seen better on the Football on 5 show.

John White done himself no favours either. Not only are we second from bottom on away form but we have conceded 41 goals so far...Level last place with Northampton.

far to many have been basic defending, like just blocking a shot with any conviction. Even at Plymouth the first 3 goals could have been blocked if our players had fancied it.. Coker chasing chickens, Mantom with a half turn and Demi with a nice little yoga stretch.

Nothing to do with team selection, formation or tactics (whatever that means).....Just a bit of professional pride required to stop half of our gaols.

Never said Oxley totally to blame for the 1st, but the keystone cop defending previously mentioned left him a bit flat footed, maybe I’m being harsh but thought he could have blocked the shot...

It was right in the corner from close range and a little bit through Turner, which always makes it harder for a keeper.

Yes, definitely onside to my view. Put it this way - if we had had that goal disallowed we'd be screaming for the lino's head.

Allowing a poor team like Oxford to dominate us is worrying. SCP needs to bring in some players with more grit and more heart, more pride even - not necessarily more skill - in order to compete in this division next season.

Back