• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod⭐⭐
Staff member
Theo hat trick... enough said!!

Post all reports, ratings etc in here.

Great performance and it really is unbelievable that this squad can be so poor one week as was the case last week and so good today. Worth mentioning that MK were a total shambles, none of them could care any less and it said a lot that when our players went down to waste a bit of time rather than having any sense of urgency they just trodded off to have a drink and a chat.

That said, we played some really good stuff at times and thoroughly deserved the lead. Top marks to Theo, never would have seen him scoring a hat-trick for us, two real poachers goals and the other was brilliant, shows what a difference it makes playing to his strengths and giving some confidence. Yearwood was also fantastic. Two superb saves from Oxley at the death deserve credit too.

Oxley 8 Two saves in injury time was all he had to do
Demetriou 7 No threat to him, looked comfortable
White 7 Handled a physical battle well and was strong, covered for Ferdinand
Ferdinand 7 Anticipated well and looked comfortable on the ball
Bwomono 7 Did well considering the situation and being out of position. You could tell and that was where they looked most threatening but overall he did alright.
Kightly 7 Better second half posing more of a threat getting forward on the ball.
Timlin 7 A little wasteful in possession but broke up play well.
Yearwood 9 Won everything and created so much, his involvement in the first goal winning the ball, running and shooting was quality.
McLaughlin 8 Looked dangerous and created some good chances.
Fortune 7 Tried a little too hard at times and looked exhausted by 60 minutes.
Robinson 10 Never saw him scoring a hat-trick and can’t see it happening again, but he’s a totally different player now to two months ago.

Subs
Harrison 7 Some nice runs and flicks, unlucky not to see anything come off
Kyprianou 7 Comfortable for the most part
McGlashan 7 Put in a shift and will have justified some minutes considering he hasn’t played since CP came in until today

Superb home display. Makes up for the inevitable 4-0 defeats to Oldham and Bradford on the road in the next two.

Match report: Southend United 4, MK Dons 0

THEO Robinson bagged a fine hat-trick to fire Southend United to a 4-0 win against MK Dons at Roots Hall.

More...

The lads played well, against a very poor MK, they really were quite bad, so glad we got the win and went with two upfront, still not convinced with Theo, even with the 3 goals, probably the only person to say that. Will be a busy summer.

If PB had got this result he would have been crucified with people saying it should have been 5-0 and PB out.

Only joking but we do usually get a post like this after every game.

Oxley..........89 minutes with nothing to do then that double save! If that was DeGea in the Premiershite they would be talking about for days!

It’s not hard to understand why MK Dons are where they are in the table, they were probably the worst team I have seen at Roots Hall this season. So, with that proviso, any team, good or bad, has to be beaten and that is exactly what we did. Theo Robinson decided to carry on where he left off against Gillingham and there were times today when MK found him unplayable. Injuries made selection of the team a bit of a lottery, especially in defence, but Elvis won the race and his prize was the left back berth. It was quite clear that he wasn’t comfortable there but he grew into it as the game went on. I predict very good things for that young man. Once, in the first half he was well and truly clattered and I thought he was badly hurt, but youth and fitness showed through and he bounced back up and just got on with it. I mention this because often our 30 somethings stay down for ages after that sort of tackle. Anyway, our fears of nausing it up were ill founded and we entered half time comfortably winning 2-0 with both coming from Theo. I have to say that it was a bit surreal when the West Stand were chanting ‘Theo, Theo’ and I had to pinch myself a bit, but it was well deserved, his second was an absolute peach and deserves to be included in goal of the season. Unlike others I thought Marco was struggling today and his normal close control was a bit iffy, but give the guy credit, he never gives up.

Second half and MK at least started to give the game some effort but truthfully, their finishing was abysmal, to the point where Oxley’s first real saves of the game didn’t occur until injury time, but more of that later. I thought at one stage that the game was going to peter out at 2-0 because we started to indulge in our ‘lets all stand off and watch them’ routine, but thankfully we got back in the groove again and McLaughlin headed our third and it really was game over then. MK were dishing out some harsh treatment to our players and most fouls went our way, and then came the moment when Theo scored again. Having witnessed that hat trick I now believe that work will start on Fossetts Farm this year!!! As for the rest of the players, Yearwood was immense, Anton pulled something and had to be replaced, John White was a rock at the back and then came Mr Oxley. In injury time MK finally got into a shooting position in front of goal and one of their number let one fly which Oxley parried, the ball fell perfectly for their player right in the middle of the goal and you had to think he can’t miss. Oxley had other ideas and he blocked the shot to complete an excellent double save which earnt him a standing ovation from the West. Theo, when substituted, received a standing ovation so that was twice in one game, that doesn't happen very often. Hopefully the highlights will show just how good the saves were. The offical MoM went to Theo and there must be very few who would disagree, I certainly wouldn't. So,final whistle, another 4 goal haul, definite safety in FL1 and us all wondering why the **** they can’t do this away from home.

Good all round team performance today, yes Theo will deservedly get all the plaudits, what skill and movement and that was just his celebrations! I thought White came to the rescue with last ditch clearances a couple of times and Fortune was good too, but difficult to single anyone out as below par.

Good luck to Chris for tomorrows Marathon

Couldn’t make it today but just bumped into 3 fans in pub ( who I’ve never seen before).
General comment was that we did ok against a desperately poor side.
Also said Theo had “3 tap ins” so nothing special ......
As I say , wasn’t there , so can’t comment.

Couldn’t make it today but just bumped into 3 fans in pub ( who I’ve never seen before).
General comment was that we did ok against a desperately poor side.
Also said Theo had “3 tap ins” so nothing special ......
As I say , wasn’t there , so can’t comment.

Not sure they were at the game if they saw 3 “tap ins”

Back