• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp and two veg

Youth Team
Never seen a thread about the day out with SUFC for the ball boys, so i thought i'd write one. I joined my boy's team Benfleet Villa under 14s with SUFC staff today. The boys were ushered into the ground, they have their own little changing room and are given a pre match chat and tracksuits to put on with caps. Its just off the tunnel entrance so they got to see plenty of players walking to the changing rooms. Then a briefing out on the pitch and told what to do out there. As the players were warming up they got a photocall with them. Kick off they get to line up and form either side of both teams as they exit the tunnel for the k.o. then half time its back into their changing room behind the two teams. Repeat for 2nd half. They stood on the pitch clapping the players back in and then go and get changed. Fabulous day out for them and the SUFC staff were superb. Got their team lineup in the programme too. Thanks fellas. Ps.. my boy twice gave it to a Drizzle player who wouldnt pick it up and my boy did mention the crowd were giving the player some stick for time wasting lol

Talking to the staff, they DID mention that the kit for the boys needs updating and would truly appreciate a sponsor's donation. Anybody ?

Great to hear he had a good time and the Club were on the money. I always enjoy watching the enthusiasm of the ball boys and they always look so proud to be doing the job.

Superbly marshalled by Richard, who does a great job with the ball boys. I know the Trust provided woollen hats for them for the colder months as they were sitting there freezing and in the rain.

My son was a ball boy last season against Oldham as part of Ekco Whitecaps U14s.

Pretty much the same experience as Sean’s son. Little changing room of their own, dodgy old outfit they had to wear. Once we scored, all the lads were told to take their time giving the ball back. I have a great video of my son giving large with fist pumps after the game as he ran past us as we leant over in the South Upper

The ball-boys are in need of new kit for the home games, so how would you all feel if the Zone offered to carry out a joint purchasing exercise along with the Club with the kit having the Zone & Club logos on it. If this was a starter it could be instead of our normal sponsorship of a player for one season. By the way I haven't mentioned this to Cricko or SBH yet. And for further clarity, we the membership, would have to donate towards it.

Just a thought, what do you all think.

Last edited:
The ball-boys are in need of new kit for the home games, so how would you all feel if the Zone offered to carry out a joint purchasing exercise along with the Club with the kit having the Zone & Club logos on it. If this was a starter it could be instead of our normal sponsorship of a player for one season. By the way I haven't mentioned this to Cricko or SBH yet.

If the club agree to reduce season ticket prices then you have a deal :smile:

The ball-boys are in need of new kit for the home games, so how would you all feel if the Zone offered to carry out a joint purchasing exercise along with the Club with the kit having the Zone & Club logos on it. If this was a starter it could be instead of our normal sponsorship of a player for one season. By the way I haven't mentioned this to Cricko or SBH yet. And for further clarity, we the membership, would have to donate towards it.

Perhaps it could be asked at the next fans liason, or maybe the trust could ask on our behalf, what the cost would be to replace the current ballboys kit ?

Back