• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And I see Jamie O’Hara has put his big nose in too.

Pathetic comment from his dad and just bitter. Everyone was at risk of being ditched as soon as PB got sacked and CP came in.

Now confirmed by Josh on Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BijibYvlSFn/

Interesting comment from his dad on there too! :blush:

GYS0VBz.gif

He isn't a bad player but never lived up to the promise he came with. Good luck to him...

CP must have some good CM's on his shopping list as we only currently have Dru in contract!

O'Hara is a complete joke, everyone knows he is a waster. Can't blame anybody but himself.

Wasn't a fan of Wright as a player but was professional and I'm sure he'll make the most of his (limited) talent, unlike O'Hara who completely wasted it.

His dad is obviously a bit bitter. Doubt the club have done anything bad towards him and he was a Brown signing so things change when new managers come in and I don’t think he is that good anyway. We can sign better and we have better. People bang on about the goals he scored for gillingham but how many were pens?

He isn't a bad player but never lived up to the promise he came with. Good luck to him...

CP must have some good CM's on his shopping list as we only currently have Dru in contract!

I know we would like Mantom to be one and you have to say that is a big upgrade

Liked wright, think he had a little injury and we did not see the best (he has a very good record before coming to us) would not surprise me if his dad is spot on, probably stitched up.

Like Mantom, worry out his surgery on hips and stuff, and how fit he can stay.

Liked wright, think he had a little injury and we did not see the best (he has a very good record before coming to us) would not surprise me if his dad is spot on, probably stitched up.

Like Mantom, worry out his surgery on hips and stuff, and how fit he can stay.

If you're stitched up that sounds like major surgery rather than a little injury. :unsure:

Was a good signing in theory but didn't help him that he was played out wide. Wish him well, clearly has some talent

Well I think he's signed off with dignity and no bitterness. Top Man. I think he's much better than he showed us. By all accounts he's best when the main man in the midfield and given a free reign, with others doing the donkey work. Some Manager will figure that out and get him back to his best. Very best of luck to you Josh.

I didn't think he was that great in all honesty, but to not pick him because you will trigger a contract offer must leave a bit of a bad taste.

I guess that is his or his Agent's fault for agreeing to have it in the contract and also he would not have known that PB would leave. If PB is still at Swindon next season then I am sure he would be interested in signing him again.

Well Powell said pre-Rochdale match that Wright would trigger a one year extension if he played in said match. He started that match, so therefore must have triggered that contract.

Maybe the bitterness comes from that. How on earth the club have got themselves out of not giving him a contract is a mystery.

Whether you think he should have been retained or not is irrelevant. It's not a positive impression of our club if they have gone back on what was agreed.

Well Powell said pre-Rochdale match that Wright would trigger a one year extension if he played in said match. He started that match, so therefore must have triggered that contract.

Maybe the bitterness comes from that. How on earth the club have got themselves out of not giving him a contract is a mystery.

Whether you think he should have been retained or not is irrelevant. It's not a positive impression of our club if they have gone back on what was agreed.

As I understand it, Rochdale was his 20th appearance and the trigger was for 'more' than 20.

Back