• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Probably been in an obscure draw for some time since it was needed at B&L.
Some of the draws at B and L aren’t too obscure...1-1,2-2,3-3 etc,the obscure 0-0 s were more likely under Brown.

Excellent news, and thoroughly well deserved. Of even more credit to Dru is that all other midfielders named (apart from one) are from Premier League clubs, and the other is from the Championship. Great indication of his quality to fit into that group, and surely indicative of the level he is clearly capable of playing at later in his career, hopefully for us :winking:

Well done Dru - excellent news for the lad. Top stuff.

This could be a very interesting time for him. Some are predicting great things for him and I really hope he comes through each successive step up (e.g. being in the starting XI come August, being part of a promotion chasing team etcetera) with flying colours ..............

............ but let's just remember the lower leagues have quite a few players who have not quite managed to hit the heights that they hoped for. Our very own Dave Martin (who was on the pitch before the game against M.K.) was England under 21 captain I think - and he spent most of his years in Division 3 & 4 (and I loved watching him getting stuck in).

It's not easy. It's not plain sailing and it takes more than just having talent. Fingers crossed for him. :thumbsup:

The thing with Dru is we never know when he is going to drop off the radar. We could sign some real League 1 quality midfielders like Alan Mccormack or Sam Mantom and then Dru won't get a game and stagnate. The fact is he hasn't scored a goal and at times looks too lightweight. I'd prefer to see Ba given game up top - the motor on the lad is unreal and looks quality in U23 games in which Dru never shined - than persist with Dru. Sure he looks good on occasion but overall hes out muscled, out gunned and out of place. I say we take money now if its offered. 250K plus sell on fee would do it in my book

The thing with Dru is we never know when he is going to drop off the radar. We could sign some real League 1 quality midfielders like Alan Mccormack or Sam Mantom and then Dru won't get a game and stagnate. The fact is he hasn't scored a goal and at times looks too lightweight. I'd prefer to see Ba given game up top - the motor on the lad is unreal and looks quality in U23 games in which Dru never shined - than persist with Dru. Sure he looks good on occasion but overall hes out muscled, out gunned and out of place. I say we take money now if its offered. 250K plus sell on fee would do it in my book

:net::net::net::net::net::net::net:

Ok here's a comment from someone following the squad re Dru involvement

It could easily just be an oversight from whoever listed the squad for the FA on their website. Or he might be going with them on standby, as there are usually withdrawals. Nmecha for example is with Germany.

Are you his agent?

Ok here's a comment from someone following the squad re Dru involvement

It could easily just be an oversight from whoever listed the squad for the FA on their website. Or he might be going with them on standby, as there are usually withdrawals. Nmecha for example is with Germany.

Nmecha being called up is odd, did the FA not bother to check if he was with the German U18s squad before naming this, or are they hoping he'll switch allegences in the next couple of days?

the thing with dru is we never know when he is going to drop off the radar. We could sign some real league 1 quality midfielders like alan mccormack or sam mantom and then dru won't get a game and stagnate. The fact is he hasn't scored a goal and at times looks too lightweight. I'd prefer to see ba given game up top - the motor on the lad is unreal and looks quality in u23 games in which dru never shined - than persist with dru. Sure he looks good on occasion but overall hes out muscled, out gunned and out of place. I say we take money now if its offered. 250k plus sell on fee would do it in my book

wum of the year

So he hasn't scored a goal but has plenty of assists. He is hardly lightweight. Strong as an Ox and isn't easily pushed off the ball. By far our best midfielder and is just going to get better and better

So he hasn't scored a goal but has plenty of assists. He is hardly lightweight. Strong as an Ox and isn't easily pushed off the ball. By far our best midfielder and is just going to get better and better

And the club have obligingly put together a video of the Dru best bits to prove Webby's point.

Funniest thing I have ever read on this site.:hilarious:

Back