• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't walk away Rene

• Total voters
Not on my sofa but saw the game on my pc in the study.I'll probably be watching Fulham v Villa in the Championship playoffs on Saturday here too (otherwise at a Barna pub.Two week's notice is a bit tricky to organise a trip over for.

I couldn't understand the people who were leaving, It was a day at Wembley, I always stay til the end regardless but WEMBLEY! Why would you walk out??

Posted this in the other thread:

A friend of mine was sat in club Wembley he headed out with about 3 minutes to go. As they use an escalator it goes one way for in at the start and one way for out at the end. He was walking down Wembley way and heard the cheer. Phoned me and I went mental, he tried to get back in but because of the escalator they wouldn’t let him back in. He was halfway home by the time we had won on pens. All because he wanted to beat the traffic! He has still yet to see us win in a final. Went to the two LDV, didn’t bother with the play off in Cardiff, went to Paint Trophy final and then left early for the play off final. He’s not allowed on anymore trips to finals now!

He also didn’t bother coming when I said I had a spare ticket for us against Manchester United.

Having seen supersub goals from Gymer, Roget et al over the years, I've never seen the need to leave early. It's like going to a restaurant and leaving mid-meal.

If we was 2-0 down heading into injury time then I could understand being annoyed and wanting to get ahead of the masses, but when the game was still just a single goal from continuing then that just doesn't make sense to me.

My friend came over from Cyprus for the match but left in frustration a few minutes before the end, as mentioned by Ricey my friend also was denied re-entry and therefore missed what was the greatest finale to a match and season I have ever been privileged to witness

Having seen supersub goals from Gymer, Roget et al over the years, I've never seen the need to leave early. It's like going to a restaurant and leaving mid-meal.
Having been served up with some of the crap over the years , I have been tempted to leave at half time .:winking:

I was there until the bitter end. I was halfway in my row, but everyone to my right (and thats a good 15 people) had left before the goal had gone in. They wern't day trippers. Day trippers don't get repilica shirts the for the event.

They may have moved to get a better view of the crucial final moments, but my gut feel is they left to get a better view of wembley way before the final whistle

It was a difficult time for me I was in between the second and third operations on my back and was unable to go but watched it at home. I wouldn't have left early as I am an eternal optimist and always believe we can pull it back late in the game like I thought we might at Doncaster in the play-offs.

I literally just got to the top of the steps and looked back as a beaten fan only to see the magic that only football can provide. Grown men crying and hugging.

Unbelievable stuff

I was absolutely ready to go as soon as the final whistle went - standing up, tracksuit top on and zipped up - but there was no way I was ever going to leave until the game was over.

My brother in law said to me on the phone just before the pens, that people had gone but were trying to get back in, he was watching it on Sky. I said to my boy,constantly, down near the corner flag we were, i said son, with only one goal in it this game will go right to the death.

I couldn't understand the people who were leaving, It was a day at Wembley, I always stay til the end regardless but WEMBLEY! Why would you walk out??

Excluding the fact that it was Wembley, why walk out when there is only one goal in it, and if we did equalise it would then be penalties!!!

Such a stupid decision

I was almost at the bottom step of the entrance into the stand when i herd the yells of desperation from my fellow shrimpers I ran up 6/8 steps as quickly as I could to just see the goal opening up and Joe P slotting it in , I have never ever been as emotional for a game as that and I doubt I will be again praise the lord I never went a few more meters in order to leave properly

I was absolutely ready to go as soon as the final whistle went - standing up, tracksuit top on and zipped up - but there was no way I was ever going to leave until the game was over.

Exactly the same, had my jacket on stood up and said to my dad right we will bomb burst as soon as the whistle goes. Soon took my jacket back off and sat back down!

After our bad luck in the game, there was no way I wasn't going to show my appreciation for how hard they'd worked during the match at the end. Never any question of walking out!

Back