• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Josh Wright

Incredible he’s got that move, not surprised he’s stayed in League 1 but was expecting a mid-table/bottom half club rather than one of their size.

Apparently a few league one clubs were interested in him. Personally I think he is League two level, but fair play to him on getting that move. 2 year deal according to SSN.

he obviously loved the Southend transfer being near his family and friends, I believe he's getting married in the future.

Bradford is miles away, he's now getting injuries which could impact his productivity and if he gets a 2 year deal, he'll be over 30 when it expires.

He's done well getting it (if it happens), however, his lifestyle will certainly change as the miles, age and injuries take over

He defo has ability, and look forward to seeing him back at the Hall

Incredible he’s got that move, not surprised he’s stayed in League 1 but was expecting a mid-table/bottom half club rather than one of their size.

They finished 11th so Bradford are a mid table club for him :winking::smile:

Amazed he's going up north, fully expected a southern club move. Think he's out on his stag at the moment isn't he, so timing seems odd.

Should suit him well for the time being as there's no manager for him to fall out with yet

done well considering he's on a stag do in Vegas right now.

Just goes to show that it's the agents, rather than the player, that sorts the deal. The player doesn't seem to even have to be in the negotiations these days.

I still feel that we never saw the best of him, playing in his correct position, instead of out wide most of the time. It's a great move for him if it happens.

CP must have some really good irons in the fire, letting go of Wright, Timlin and Wordsworth is a seriously bold move. Not many clubs in this league would start with that calibre of player, let alone get rid of them. Really interested to see who comes in.

Just goes to show that it's the agents, rather than the player, that sorts the deal. The player doesn't seem to even have to be in the negotiations these days.

I still feel that we never saw the best of him, playing in his correct position, instead of out wide most of the time. It's a great move for him if it happens.

CP must have some really good irons in the fire, letting go of Wright, Timlin and Wordsworth is a seriously bold move. Not many clubs in this league would start with that calibre of player, let alone get rid of them. Really interested to see who comes in.

Well after his contract dispute here you'd think he may actually want to be involved in negotiations this time

SUFC Goals
They love a snake in Bradford

@CJPhillips1982
Looks like Josh Wright is off to Bradford.

ben coker
‏

@bencoker24
How is he a snake please tell me?

That didn't take long. Good luck to him.

I know we always say it but I can see this coming back to haunt us. :thumbdown:

I can see Bradford being bottom half next year, Greyson said the budget wasn't good enough shortly before leaving and clearly whoever comes in isn't going to be in total control of who signs for the club. They were awful for most of the second half of the season and it doesn't sound like the board are making smart decisions to rectify that..

I can see Bradford being bottom half next year, Greyson said the budget wasn't good enough shortly before leaving and clearly whoever comes in isn't going to be in total control of who signs for the club. They were awful for most of the second half of the season and it doesn't sound like the board are making smart decisions to rectify that..

Yes they could be the MK or Coventry for next season.

Really surprised he found another club in League One, good luck to him though. Provided CP signs wisely for us, then I'm not too fussed about him playing for one of our competitors. Never really set the world alight for us.

Back