• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They're a top half League 1 side where as Lincoln have been back in the football league for 1 season following relegation to non league in 2011... I don't see your point...
lincoln is a club that think the world of him and he has been very consistent for them with a very good support behind them, Peterborough won't get the same support unless they are walking away with the league and that won't happen, Peterborough get through a lot of players as well, if we're this player I'd stay for at least one more season as his wanted and loved at Lincoln, and he gets to play under a good up and coming manager.

The last hardworking midfielder Evans went out of his way to sign hardly started, Atkinson at Mansfield. Also I'd rather have Atkinson than Woodyard.

lincoln is a club that think the world of him and he has been very consistent for them with a very good support behind them, Peterborough won't get the same support unless they are walking away with the league and that won't happen, Peterborough get through a lot of players as well, if we're this player I'd stay for at least one more season as his wanted and loved at Lincoln, and he gets to play under a good up and coming manager.
Posh are L1, Lincoln are L2.
How many years contract has Woodyard now got? how much extra is he being paid? IMO he would have to be slightly touched not to take the chance at playing at higher level and better money.
Finally what happens at Lincoln when the manager changes there?

Fee supposedly £225,000, makes us releasing him look rather silly but another top talent to have come through the ranks.

Sounds like he had better offers on the table too.

Fee supposedly £225,000, makes us releasing him look rather silly but another top talent to have come through the ranks.

if Lincoln got that much for him then what a great deal for them.

I'll make a bold prediction now that Woodyard will be back with Lincoln on loan come January. He needs an arm around the shoulder does Alex..... something that Evans doesn't give his players.
He had a good season in league 2 but was nowhere near as influential as he was when Lincoln won promotion from the National league.

I’m no fan of Brown and his failure to back youth but he released Woodyard five years ago and Peterborough are his fourth club since then, via Conference Dartford and Conference South Concord Rangers and Conference/4th division Lincoln. That doesn’t make us look silly.

As I’ve just outlined on the transfer thread,a waste of money by Peterborough.

I’m no fan of Brown and his failure to back youth but he released Woodyard five years ago and Peterborough are his fourth club since then, via Conference Dartford and Conference South Concord Rangers and Conference/4th division Lincoln. That doesn’t make us look silly.
Fair point, though I was surprised he didn’t have more of a chance under us, wasn’t meant necessarily as a dig at Brown per say. He’s bounced back superbly from that release though.

That would have been an academy decision anyway, especially as PB had only been here about a month.

As you say he has played over 150 games at non league level so good luck to him he has earned his chance the hard way but its certainly no shame on us. We cant have 24 year olds on loan at non league clubs hoping that might be a late developer.

Just to remind people don't get to excited if Posh pay their standard £250,000 ish fee.......Ricky Miller anyone?

That would have been an academy decision anyway, especially as PB had only been here about a month.

As you say he has played over 150 games at non league level so good luck to him he has earned his chance the hard way but its certainly no shame on us. We cant have 24 year olds on loan at non league clubs hoping that might be a late developer.

Just to remind people don't get to excited if Posh pay their standard £250,000 ish fee.......Ricky Miller anyone?

Or the supposed goal machine Mr Coulthurst,

The last ex Southend player Steve Evans signed was Callum Butcher , what has happened to him .

Fair play to the lad. When you've had a sniff at a league club (us) but get released and end up at Concord in the Nat. South you must have some serious belief in yourself to stay focused and professional enough to get that rare second chance. It may or may not work out, but after his journey to get a £250k move to an established L1 club is a shining example to all young players who get dropped from their first league club.

Just seen this move. So Posh have released Grant and then paid over £200k for Woodyard. Bonkers!

I'd be interested to know many times since he left us the people saying Peterborough have wasted their money have actually seen him play? He was highly rated at Lincoln, a team that made the League 2 playoffs this year, and Peterborough weren't the only club interested. Is it not possible 25 year Alex Woodyard might have improved a bit compared to the 20 year old that we released 5 years ago?

Back